Chapter 3

In the village of Asbjorn Stronghold, citizens prepare to plant crops for the season, while the warriors train to be ready for anything, young Xander is starting to notice a symbol on his arm and wears a sleeve, so no one can see it.

As he trains, he feels energy going through his body and becomes stronger than his peers. This power is so strong he has trouble controlling it sometimes.

He decides not to train again. So, he goes to his favorite place.

Sitting on a ledge and looking off in the distance, Xander wonders if he
will be able to tell someone about it. Suddenly, he hears footsteps approaching behind him.

He turns and sees Lord Kasamin.

"Ah, are you enjoying the view? You missed your training again today," Kasamin says.

Xander turns his head with a worried look on his face. "There is something I need to tell you. I just don't know how."

A look of concern appears on Kasamin's face. "You can tell me anything, you know that."

Looking down and with a deep sigh, Xander struggles with his thoughts.

"Fifteen years ago I know you couldn't save my parents from the attack that took them from me. I know that I was the only survivor in that attack and I think I know why."

Xander rolls up his sleeve and shows the symbol of life on his arm.

Kasamin looks down and sees the symbol. His eyebrows rise. A smile of pride appears on Kasamin's face.

"Do you know what this means! It means that you were chosen by the Gods to become a Bronimir warrior. To protect the Paragon Stone and all life in Fortentia and the universe."

Full of excitement, Lord Kasamin continued.

"I always knew you were special. Every time we trained together, I felt your strength." Kasamin put his arm around Xander like a proud father. "Everything will be fine. We must get you to Coastal Village. It is a four day trip from here."

"Coastal Village?" Xander asked.

"Yes, that's where you will get your training, Xander! Where you will meet the older warriors that will train you. There you will meet the others that are the same age as you that were also chosen by the Gods. It is the only way to know how to control your power," Kasamin murmurs intimately.

His knowing glance toward Xander assures the young man that Kasamin knows all about his unusual situation and much more.

           ──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

As the sun sets over the horizon Xander turns to Kasamin with new found excitement. "Does this mean we will leave tomorrow?"

With a half smile Kasamin nods. "Tomorrow we will prepare for the journey and tell everyone in the settlement the great news. This is an honor Xander and it is something to be proud of."

Xander gives the man who raised him a smile of relief, hugging him.

"Come, it is time for supper and we must get a good night's sleep."

          ──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

The sun has risen and Onyx can see the gates of Asborjn off in the distance. "Shit, it's about time!" He mumbled.

As Onyx approached the gate he heard the head guard yell. "Halt!"

The guards in the towers draw their bows on both sides of him. Onyx pulls down his hood and raises his arms slowly. "Do not shoot!"