𝕭𝖔𝖓𝖚𝖘 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

Epilogue

Tired and frustrated, Armina looks at the devastation and the sea of motionless bodies surrounding everyone.

She turned to see Xander still fighting Ash. When she caught her breath she shot an arrow and struck Ash in the shoulder.

Xander jumped back watching as Ash fell to the ground. He looked back to see Armina standing there. "We must retreat now!" Armina demanded loudly.

Xander gave her a nod. "Take all the survivors and head back to the woods!"

Armina quickly goes around to assist everyone and tells them to retreat to the woods.

Satisfied that she was retreating to safety, Xander again turned his attention to Ash, where he lay, writhing in his own blood and pain, moaning bitterly, screaming hell at Xander all manner of curses.

Xander smiled.

Here was his opportunity to end this once and for all. He flipped his sword downward ready to thrust his blade deep into Ash's chest.

He raised his arms high above his head gripping his sword tightly to run him through but arrows began to rain down forcing him to grab a shield instead.

Forced into defence of enemy fire, Xander is quickly losing his window of retribution. He hears Armina shouting his name.

"Xander, we must leave now!"

Xander pointed the Pommel from his sword at Ash. "Your day is coming!" He bit out with clinched teeth.

Looking up, Ash rolled to face Xander. With a benign laugh he coughed up blood from his wounds. "Your foolishness will be your demise. We will prevail! We will kill all of you and make Agnus the new King of Steinland!" Ash gurgled.

Armina steadily fires arrows to help Xander escape. "Xander lets go!"

Hearing her frustration, Xander turned back to retreat and catch up to the others in the woods.

The young warriors and gnomes stop as they catch their breath.

Moments later they hear ruffling in the bushes. As they grip their weapons to get ready for what comes, Xander stumbles out from the bushes and falls to his knees. "Are you injured!" Greyson yelled.

"No, I am fine," he assured them as the feeling of defeat is weighing on their minds.

Eoin sits on a stump shaking his head in anger. "We lost some good men," he said moodily.

"We are sorry for the loss of your men," Kasdeya responded mournfully as she made an effort to comfort him.

After taking time to rest, Greyson, growing restless stood up and began to pace. "So what do we do now?"

Though he had told the warriors he was fine, Xander struggled as he tried to stand. "For now, we must return to Whispering Willows for rest and get our strength back. We shall drink to the warriors who have lost their lives and guide them to reach the Gods in Valhalla. There is a farm not far from here. Maybe we can buy a couple of horses and ride back."