Question #2

me: A lot of people wanna know how we did the whole backstory of Peter and Sam. Because Peter never leaves Never Land and Sam is never in Never Land.

Bobby: We were basically looking for some antic of Peter's to make Sam wanna leave Never Land. We wanted to make them opposites per se. 

me: Yeah. Siblings always think differently, so I needed Sam to be the opposite of Peter. So Sam is the tougher one who always finds different things to do and goes on different adventures. She doesn't mind being around adults and has been everywhere. And Peter is the exact opposite; he hates growing up and doesn't leave Never Land so he won't have to. He only leaves Never Land if he absolutely must.

Bobby: That's right. Their backstory in particular came from that. We also knew that Peter loses his shadow a lot. So we made him lose his shadow and Sam let her maturity get the better of her. 

me: But that's the backstory about Sam leaving Never Land. The backstory about how they lost their parents is taken from a deleted scene in the original Peter Pan. Peter tells Wendy about the time he flew out the window and came back to be replaced. 

Bobby: So there you have it. That's how Peter and Sam happened.

me: Any questions?