Chapter 2: The Kidnapping [Lena's POV]

My senses started coming back, I could hear the engine of a car running, men were talking, I couldn't see, I could feel my hands tied. I try to stay still as best as I can so that the men that were in the car with me would not notice I was awake. I listened for observation, I could probably run if we get to a stop and try and fight, that is, if they don't have a weapon on them...

They seemed to talk in a language, maybe Italian? I felt my wrist were bound by a zip tie, I think. Luckily I know how to get out of zip ties. [because I practiced whenever I was bored.] [Author note: we ALL know we tried to get of something that bounded the hands at some point when we were little.] My hands were behind my back, so I tried feeling for the end and used my fingers to try and pull the zip ties to make the bind tighter as smoothly as possible to make it look like I was moving in my sleep, and now I just got to wait for the moment when we stop. 

I felt the car stop as the engine turned off. I hear the door slam four times, two int he front and one on each side of me. Voices outside, so I assumed nobody was in the car. [surprised nobody stayed in the car with me.] My hands were tied over on top of each other so I pull away and pull apart as hard and fast as I can. My wrists hurt a little, but I pull the rag off of my head and check my surroundings. I don't recognize anything anywhere. Not gonna lie, it scared me even more about the fact I don't even know where I am. 

The car door opens up and I see a rugged, tan, and muscular man, maybe in his 30's or 40's. He has short hair and some facial hair that created a stubble. We made eye contact, and then he grabbed me. He said a few words in a language, and then more men started coming near. I grabbed the man and struggled to make him let go. [Why did I think THAT would work?] He tried to hold on to me, but I manage to bite him. He let go of me with a yelp, and I run. I see greenery to what looked like a maze and I run towards it. 

"Hey! Stop!" The man says. 

Obviously I IGNORE IT, like bish- nah, let me stop so you can take me to where you could probably hurt me or even worse. 

I run into the maze- hopefully I find an exit. Every turn I take, I stay caution in case I run into one of those guys. I spot a kid sitting on a bench, reading a book. He looked to be about 7-9 years old. 

"Hey, kid, do you know the way out of here?" I asked.

"Yea, I do." The kid said. Proceeding to go back to his book. 

"Well, can you help me find a way out?" I ask, with quickness in my voice. 

"Hmm, wants in it for me?" He, asks. 

I cannot believe this kid right now. I'm trying to get out of this maze and he is really wanting to negotiate right now?? Kids these days, always having the need to get something back.

"Uhm, how about this watch?" I ask. It was my dad's and at this point, he is dead to me. 

"I want your necklace. It looks really pretty." He says, with a brightness in his eyes. 

Ugh. Of course he wants the thing I prize the most. I hold onto the necklace for a little while longer and I give it to him. 

"You better not lose it or sell that, that necklace means a lot to me kid." I say, as he walks away with it. 

"Yea, yea, whatever you say lady. Follow me." He says. I start following him. 

"By the way, I think I recognize you, you must be the girl big brother has been talking about." He said as we walk further. "Come to think of it, shouldn't you have been brought to him already? Hm.." 

I was so confused, I didn't know who or what he was talking about. Even then, if what he is saying is true, why didn't his big brother come talk to me like a normal person at my work or anywhere BUT kidnap me?