Chapter 4: Her. [Val POV]

"Alyssa, meet my son Valentine." Mama says. I must admit, she is a very beautiful woman, but I already have someone on my mind. My thoughts were broken from Alyssa's greet.

"Hi. You must be Valentine, your mother has said so much good things about you." She said.

She had slight of an accent when she said that. It sounded like a Columbian accent. 

"Uh, yes, I am." I say. 

She grabs on to my arm and looks at me with a smile. This woman is really trying. I wonder what mama said to her. Just like every woman she has introduced has done the same exact thing. I know she knows my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to women, but this is really not the way to go.

"Shall we walk in the garden?" Alyssa says, as she leads, as if she already knew where we were. 

I really was hoping to keep this short, but she was gripping onto my arm as if to prevent me from leaving. At this point in the moment, it was to late to say no. 

"Alright, but just for a little. Apologies for the lack of enthusiasm, I just have some things I need taken care of." I say, with a persuasive tone.

"That's alright, we won't take long." She says with a smile. This girl is persistent. I can tell she is not amused from the way she is holding my arm, even if the smile is trying to cover up. 

We walk outside into the massive garden. I remembered the times I would spend my time here with mama and papa. It was the best memories I had that I could remember. Well, the few best memories my little head could hold on to. Now, this garden just gives me memories I don't want to remember. 

"So, what work do you need to work on that's so important. Hm?" Alyssa's says walking beside me. 

Who does this woman think she is? We just met and already thinks she can ask me with a little attitude?

"Well, it's important, because it's a great opportunity to help our business and for the family. It is also important to me that it is met." I say, vaguely.

"That doesn't really give me a reason." She giggles. 

We walk back into the main foyer and I guess my mind was so distracted, I realized she was pulling me towards the dining room. I check my watch and realized it was about the time we do have dinner. 

"I see that mama has set up dinner.." I say with a trail off. 

"Oh! I hope it was okay. Mrs. Vincenzo insisted that I stay for dinner, so I told her in exchange I would be able to help pick what we were eating," Alyssa says, letting go of my arm. "Cooking is one of my favorite things to do."

"Ah, I see." I pull out a chair for her to sit down on and suddenly feel my phone vibrate. 

"Excuse me for one moment," I say, as I walk out of the dining room.

"yes?" I ask, once the phone was answered.

"Erm, s-she got out from the car and sort of ran out-" The speaker on the phone says.

"She what?! I don't want to hear anything anymore, just get her and lock her in a room. Oh, and keep Sam in their as well to guard. He should be able to do a better job then you guys." I say, as I start to rub the sides of my nose bridge. Leave the rookies as their first mission to kidnap one girl, and they all somehow don't realize that a person could wake up after awhile from being drugged. 

I walk back into the dining room to see mama and Alyssa talking and laughing together. 

"Ah, Valentine, come eat, Alyssa's choice of food is really good. This steak is absolutely mouthwatering." Mama says as she motions me to come sit. "I must leave, unfortunately, but I hope you and Alyssa will make good conversation. No?" She says as she gets up and leaves.