chapter 4

Alastor was taken aback by you actually wanting to leave. He went silent for a moment.
"Wait.. really? You would leave if that's what we wanted? You won't try to bargain or talk to us? You're really willing to leave?"
He asked, his eyes widening.

Vox frowned. "Alastor, we can't lose our assistant!.. especially with the upcoming yearly harvest event soon!" He whispered, sounding worried.
"Yes, if you want me to leave, I will, I won't bargain or talk"
I say quietly
Alastor was taken aback by this.
"Are you.. are you really willing to leave?.. after everything we've done for you? You would rather leave us.. than try to make things up?"
He asked.

Vox looked surprised when he heard this.
"You would just.. leave? Just like that? Without trying to make up like we said before? Why would you be willing to do that!?"
He asked, sounding surprised and confused.
"I thought you liked us, Y/N! I thought you cared about us!"
I do love you both! But if me leaving is what you want, then I will do it, even if it's hurts me to leave, I will because I care about you both and I couldn't bring myself to hurt you both again!"
I say
Alastor was surprised by what you said. He went silent.
He sighed.
"Look. I've said a lot of horrible things to you, and I'm sorry, okay? I-I lost my temper and I didn't mean most of what I said.. I'm sorry."
He said, staring at the ground.

Vox smiled.
"And I may have went a bit overboard with how I reacted.. so I'm sorry for that too.. and.. I promise to not do it again. You mean the world to us."
He said, looking up at you.
I look down hugging myself
"I'm sorry please don't make me leave"
I say quietly
Alastor blinked.
"Uh.. you want to stay after everything?"
He asked, sounding surprised.

Vox went silent, looking surprised as well.
"Wait.. Really?"
He said, sounding happy.

"We aren't making you leave, Y/N. I just.. I didn't realize you wanted to stay."
Alastor said, sounding relieved.
"Why wouldn't I want to stay?"
I say
Alastor sighed.
"Well, it's because.. we've been fighting, and I figured you wanted to leave because of it."
He said, looking tired.

Vox smiled at you.
"You want to stay.. even after all of this? You still want to work with us?"
He asked, sounding hopeful.
"Yeah"
I say quietly
Alastor's eyes widened. "Wait, really? So.. you would stay with us..?"
He asked, sounding hopeful.

Vox beamed. "Y/N?.. you don't know how happy that makes us.."
He said, sounding hopeful.
"We.. want you to stay as well.."
He said, smiling sweetly, before hugging you.
He seemed so happy, but also relieved.
I went limp in Vox's hug
"I'm sorry for breaking both of your hearts"
I say quietly
Vox hugged you tightly, being very gentle with you.
"We're sorry too.. for losing our temper and saying all those things to you.. we were very upset.."
He whispered, smiling.

Alastor stood there, staring.
"You.. love us.. even though we were horrible to you?.."
He asked, sounding shocked.
"If you want to, you can hug me too.. I... I'm sorry too.."
He said, sounding sympathetic.

His arms were open like he was waiting to be hugged back.
I walk into Alastors hug, letting him embrace me
Alastor hugged you tightly, not letting you go.
"I.. am so horrible for the way that I treated you.
I shouldn't have yelled at you like that.. but I was so upset, and that's no excuse.. I should have just talked to you about why I was upset, instead of yelling and upsetting you.. please.. find it in your heart to forgive me.. I'm sorry.. I was out of line.."
He said, sounding sincere.
His voice was soft and sweet.
He genuinely felt bad.
I go limp in his arm.
Alastor held you closely, still hugging you tightly.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like that.. I can be so immature sometimes.
Do you forgive me?"
He asked, sounding upset.
"We know it just be hard to forgive a person like me.. but, I.. I want to make your life better.. and to help you.."
He said, sounding nervous.
He had never apologized to anyone before.. he never thought he'd be one to apologize, much less care about what someone thought of him.
I didn't respond, instead I just stood there in his arms
Alastor sighed.
"Even if you don't forgive me, just know that.. I am truly sorry.."
He said, sounding soft.
He hugged you tightly, feeling comforted.

Vox smiled.
"See? I told you she would forgive you.. and she did."
He whispered, sounding so happy.
"I told you she loves us."
He winked at Alastor, before hugging him back again.
"Y/N is the sweetest person in the world. The most forgiving person. That's why she's our assistant..!
"I didn't say anything, I just stood there with my head on Alastors shoulder
Alastor smiled.
"Y/N.. you know that you can talk to us, right? You have our shoulders to cry on, our ears to listen.."
He said, sounding a little sweet.
"We won't judge you for the things that you say, and we won't get pissed when you have a complaint.. we want to help.. you can talk to us about anything.."
He said, sounding sincere.
"We want you to feel at home in the hotel.. so be honest with us, okay? Promise me."
He asked, sounding serious.
I stood there leaning on Alastor, not responding
Alestor sighed.
"Please promise me.. otherwise, we won't know what you're feeling.. we can't read minds.. so tell us how you feel.. please.. I want to help you."
He said, sounding serious.

Vox smiled, but went silent.
"I promise that if she has anything she wants to tell us, she'll tell us when she's ready.. she'll tell us when she's ready to tell us.. right, Y/N?"

Vox smiled again, sounding comforting and sweet.
I stood there, not responding, as I leaned on Alastors shoulder
Alastor gently patted your back. "Y/N, I want you to be happy.. I want to help you.. I know you've probably been through a lot here, and it's hard to talk about it.. but I-"
He went silent, sighing.
"Never mind.. what I'm trying to say is.. I want you to always feel safe with us.. I want you to always come to us if you need help.. because you're our friend.. our beloved.. I really do care about you.. so.. please?"
He asked, sounding sincere. He cared deeply about you.