26.Whiskey💫

Whiskey

The slow burn of alcohol on her tongue tasted like Aphrodite's nectar. The more she drank, the better she felt, as she had made sure that she had opened a tab in Alpha Atlas' name.

The bartender had been side-eyeing her all night, as if he wished to cut her off, but didn't want to be on the receiving end of her wrath.

And who said that the male species weren't smart? Unfortunately for her, that did not extend to pompous assholes like her mate.

A man sat down next to her as if looking for a way to start a conversation with her, it was just as well that he seemed to have the better sense to keep his mouth shut because then she would be tempted to put a foot in it, quite literally.

Her heart already belongs to that one man...wolf, whatever. She was the most powerful assassin, reduce to a shell of who she had been, because of a man.

Pathetic.

And as she drown her glass, she knew that there was not enough whiskey for her to forget a man like that. A man whose world had collided with her own. The way he held her beneath the sheet, the way his green eyes twinkled with mischief, as their bodies became one...

"Another."

Octavia ordered as the bartender walked over to her, ready to pour her fifth glass, or was that the sixth, she had lost count at this point.

"On second thought, it would be easier if you just leave the whole God damn bottle."

Octavia said as the bartender hesitate for a moment. He didn't want to be held responsible if his Luna just peeled over and died. He knew how fragile the human heart was: physically and emotionally.

"Do you think that that is a good idea, Luna?"

The bartender asked as Octavia's eyes seemed to pulp out of her head.

"What did you just call me?"

She had to make sure that she had heard right. Unfortunately, it seemed that she hadn't run far enough, as out of all the bars in the world that she could wander into, she seemed to have wandered into one which was owned by her mate

The Moon Goddes certainly had a cruel sense of humor. She was never one to believe in a supreme being or a higher deity, but this was too much of a coincidence to simply be just a coincidence.

The bartender started to clean the glasses that had lived the table at the bar.

"Did you not find it odd, that you were able to get liquor without a license and without paying for it?"

Atlas said as Octavia's eyes laser-focused on the man who was responsible for her current condition. His words, his actions, and his cruelty were what had brought her to this juncture.

And there he was sitting across from her in a button-up blazer and jeans pants that fitted his form, that it left no doubt as to what lay between his legs.

...A rock-hard 10-inch, no 12-inch cock. The little fucker seemed to have grown anytime she was in the vicinity. Octavia finally found the bottom of her glass as she drowns the scotch in one go.

"Now that you mention it, it was a little odd. But Jack Daniels is a very good company. He is a better man than you could ever be. I'm sure Jack doesn't go around judging every person who takes a sip. All I want to do right now is find the bottom of the damn glass, but the bartender keeps refilling my glass, so I guess I never will."

Octavia complained as the bartender said calmly.

"Alpha, the Luna keeps asking for a refill. Happy Luna, happy pack."