VI

06 // YOU'RE DEAD WRONG

"Delilah?!" Steve called from the lab.

Delilah groaned as she rolled over to her side. "I'm fine!" She shouted once she could breathe from getting the wind knocked out of her. "I'm adding this to my list of reasons as to why you guys should've left me in Germany."

Natasha groaned as she tried to get her foot out from under a large fallen piece of metal. "We're good." She spoke into the ear piece before both women heard Bruce grunting. "We're good, right?"

"I'm not too sure about that." Delilah said, looking at the doctor. "Bruce?" She asked gently just before he started groaning louder.

"You got to fight it. This is just what Loki wants." Natasha told Bruce as he started breathing heavy, resulting in Delilah scooting away from him. "We're going to be okay. Listen to me."

"Are you hurt?" Delilah turned to see two workers in overalls by the metal staircase. Delilah turned and waved them away as Natasha spoke again.

"We're going to be okay. Alright? I swear on my life, I will get your out of this. You will walk away and never ever—"

Bruce cut Natasha off. "Your life?" He asked in a monstrous tone, signaling that he would soon become the Hulk.

"Delilah, go to Coulson. He's in the detention section." The redhead commanded the strawberry blonde as they watched Bruce turn green.

"What about you?" Delilah looked at Natasha's leg that was stuck before crawling over to it, trying to lift it up. "Okay I'm not exactly the strongest woman in the world." She huffed before lifting the metal just enough for Natasha to get her foot out.

"I got this handled, just go!" Natasha pushed Delilah towards the stairs as Bruce began to shift.

Delilah hesitated for a split second before taking off and running up the stairs. Once she made it to the top she knew that Bruce was now the Hulk by the roaring. She didn't know where she was going but she went to the left and hoped for the best. She ran to another staircase and went up, leading to the lab that everyone was in no more than five minutes ago.

Delilah huffed in annoyance, she had no idea where the detention section was from there. She went straight down the hall, hoping that was the right direction. "Why does this have to be like a fucking maze?" Delilah asked herself as she came to another set of stairs.

After a few more hallways and going down another flight of stairs, she found what she assumed was the detention room.

"We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does." Delilah walked into the detention section just as Loki stabbed her godfather through the chest with his spear.

"NO!" Delilah screamed just as Thor beat the glass. She walked Phil fall, leaning against the wall. She ran over to him, not caring that Loki was right behind her. She felt her throat close up when she saw the blood in Phil's mouth. "You're going to be okay." Delilah felt the tears rushing down her cheeks as she put pressure on his wound. "We just have to keep pressure on it." She tried to calm herself down by taking deep breaths but it wasn't helping.

"Delilah," Phil gasped, doing his best to grab her hand. "It's okay."

"No, no it's not!" Delilah sobbed as she looked at the agent that she's known most of her life. "You promised that you would never leave me."

"I'm not leaving you." Phil shook his head and did he best to smile at his goddaughter. "Remember what you told me earlier? You can take care of yourself."