Ch 1: The Ruined World and Saving A Child?

---Written by Haru---

_______________

As Rimuru walks forward to explore this barren wasteland, he stumbles upon a collapsed building.

"I can feel magic remnants here!" Rimuru said.

"Yes, there are magic remnants in this place, Master. They are located underneath that collapsed building," Ciel said.

Rimuru doesn't hesitate and jumps down the hole next to the collapsed building, hoping that it will lead him to the source of magic.

After a while of walking, he finds an underground room that is glowing purple. Once Rimuru sees it, he immediately goes towards it.

"Wow, this thing is bigger than anything we have seen before," Rimuru said as he looks at the massive ball of chaotic magic energy.

"This is dangerous for this world, so I'm going to clean it up... Devour it, Azathoth," Rimuru said as black and purple smoke with white dots appears in front of his palm and starts devouring the ball of chaotic energy.

It takes two minutes for Azathoth to completely devour the massive ball of chaotic energy.

"That took longer than I expected... well, it's fine either way. Now that the source of chaotic energy is gone, it's time for me to explore this world and maybe help if I can."

Rimuru goes back to the surface and looks around. He sees multiple Aragami in the distance, but he doesn't care much about them and decides to continue walking.

***

While walking, Rimuru was talking to Ciel, asking him if Ciel could adjust his body like a human in order to avoid suspicion.

By having a human body, Rimuru could now get fatigued, hungry, and even bleed, but for Rimuru, it was fine since he didn't think anyone in this world could hurt him. Even if he was using his body, he could still use some of his ultimate skills like Azathoth. However, he swore to only use it if the situation was too bad.

While thinking, he was confronted by two Aragami with a giant tail sporting an ogre-like face.

"If I remember correctly, this kind of Aragami is called... Ogretail," Rimuru said as he remembered the details that Ciel told him upon his arrival to this world.

The two Aragami charged forward, attempting to attack Rimuru, but he was fast enough to move away and dodge their attacks.

"It's quite rude to try to eat someone when we just met... Well, that's some cringe line," Rimuru said as he took out his Katana-type God Eater and dashed straight towards the Aragami, cutting off its feet.

"Sorry, pal, but I have to end this quickly," Rimuru said as he pulled the handle of his Katana, and from the guards of his Katana, a black Aragami with yellow eyes appeared and started to attack the Ogretail Aragami, extracting its core.

"That was fast..." Before Rimuru could talk more, he heard the scream of a little child.

"KYYY... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!"

Rimuru ran straight towards where he heard the scream, and upon arrival, he saw two kids being cornered by five large-type Aragami known as Vajra.

Rimuru jumped up and covered his weapon with his aura, immediately cutting off the head of one of the Vajra.

"Are you two okay?" Rimuru asked the two kids.

"Yes."

"Stay here, alright? I'll finish these guys off."

Rimuru then looked at the remaining four Vajra, positioned his Katana in front of him, and took a battle stance.

"Blooming 100 petals - Fifth Petals Crucifixion," Rimuru said as he disappeared and reappeared in front of one of the Vajra, immediately striking it twice. One cut was vertical, and the other was horizontal, and the two cuts combined formed a cross-shaped cut.

Blooming 100 Petals is Rimuru's sword technique that he created based on the Haze Style that Hakuro taught him. There's another version of this style called Tempest Art, with a hundred combinations of attacks and a defensive style.

After Rimuru killed all of the Vajra, he looked at the two children who were looking at him with stars in their eyes.

"Why are you two here, and where are your parents?" Rimuru asked the two.

"Mom and Dad are back at camp, and we are here because we want to help the people in our camp. Everyone is having problems, and we don't have enough food. If we don't do anything, we will just be a burden to them," the female child said.

Rimuru looked at the two kids who only wanted to help their parents and the people in their camp. He was moved, seeing that the humanity of this world still held value, even though their world had turned into an apocalyptic one.

"Alright, you two. I'll help you guys gather supplies to bring back to your camp," Rimuru said as he gave a head pat to the two kids.

"Thank you, Nii-san," the two said with a smile.

After that, Rimuru went to a store and looked for something that they could bring: canned foods, medicine, and anything else that could be useful to their community.

After a while, they finished, and Rimuru stored all of the stuff in his storage. The two kids were surprised when they saw this, and Rimuru simply said that it was one of his abilities.

After that, the kids guided him to where their camp was, and Rimuru looked at the situation of the people.

"I thought there was a thing called the Far East Branch here, but why are there so many people here who didn't manage to enter the walls?" Rimuru asked himself, wondering.

"Nii-san let's go everyone is waiting" The two Kids Dragged Rimuru and once the people saw the two child they Looked at the two with a relief expression on their faces.

And Three Individuals Runs towards the two kids, The two Hug the kids and Rimuru could only think that those two are the parents and the other one might be their leader.

"You two where did you two go" The mother ask

"Sorry mom but we wanted to find a way to help everyone so we Looked for food" the two Explain what happens and the parents of the child walks in front of Rimuru.

"Thank you for saving our child" The two Parents bow to express their gratitude to romero for saving their child.

---End---