4

Disclaimer: I do not own twilight and this is a really rough draft yall

Bella P.O.V

I stared down at the medium chocolate balls in front of me, smiling to myself as I wiped the sweat off my brow with a cloth. These turned out much better than the last batch! I picked one up carefully, inspecting the finished product. The thickness of the chocolate was just right. The first batch was extremely fragile because the chocolate was too thin. I couldn't even pick one up without it shattering in my hands. The second batch were too big, they wouldn't even fit in the average mug. So this was my third and final attempt. And they were perfect. I'm going to box them up and give them to her later.

Right now, I need to check on my other project. I had some leftover chocolate that I had already tempered and decided to make a few candy bars. I'm in no way a chocolatier but my girl loves chocolate. And who else around here makes vegan chocolate bars? I would do anything to make her happy. And that means tempering chocolate every day until I get it right, then so be it. I know it's too soon. I'm already calling her my girl, never out loud though. But it just sounds right. My girl… I thought about her golden eyes and how they looked like honey. My girl… I've got so much honey, the bees envy me.

"Bella, you have a visitor!" Sue called out and I grinned. Right on time!

"Be right out!" I called out and headed towards the sink.

Washing my hands thoroughly, the water was hot as hell. But I need to melt the hardened chocolate off my hands. And I've kinda gotten used to the heat. I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself since I've started cooking and baking. At some point your hands just get used to the heat.

I took off my apron, throwing it into the pile with the rest of the dirty ones. I checked my reflection, happy that there was no chocolate or cocoa powder on my face. I quickly rounded the counter, ready to see my girl. But it wasn't Alice standing there waiting for me with that beautiful smile or her soft lips of hers. It was Lauren. Oh…

"Lauren! I'm so glad you're here!" I exclaimed, grinning over at her. Lauren's eyes widened, surprised by my enthusiastic greeting.

"You are?" She asked and I nodded my head. I had so much to tell her!

"I need you to try something for me. I've been working on this project for a few days. It's a surprise for my date tonight." I explained rushing back around the corner to grab one of the hot chocolate bombs. I still can't believe I have another date tonight. I brought it back, showing her the orb. A proud smile on my face.

"Tada!" I exclaimed and she frowned.

"You made chocolate balls?" She asked, completely unimpressed. I understand why, it doesn't look very interesting.

"It's a hot chocolate bomb." I explained, hoping that would make her realize how cool this thing was. Still, she didn't look impressed.

"What?" She asked and I sighed.

How does she not know what a hot chocolate bomb is? They're all over Instagram and TikTok. I grabbed my favorite mug, it was olive green and I usually only use it to drink my tea in the morning. But I don't mind letting Lauren borrow it. I filled it with hot oat milk before carrying back over to her.

"You have to drop the ball into the milk." I state and she sighed. Staring up at me with that bored expression she always wears. Like I can't see past that little facade of hers.

I know her better than anyone. Maybe not as well as Jessica and Angela. But that's different. I know behind that bored look, she was actually intrigued. She grabbed the ball carefully, like she was afraid it would break. She dropped it carefully into the milk and we waited...and waited….and waited.