Chapter Seven

Two days had passed, and Phoebe had yet to see Krios's face again. Her new room had been set up right across from Krios's chambers, which had first she hadn't been that thrilled about. Fortunately, he did not enter her room, and she hadn't seen him once since their meeting.

Fortunately for her, she wasn't being confined anywhere. She had been able to freely explore the castle, which was huge. Yet, she never once got lost. She always knew just where to go and which way to turn, no matter where she ended up. Though she spent most of her time in her room praying.

She still had a hard time accepting that Lady Seraphine wasn't a goddess. She still prayed to her and the Creator every night, though alongside her prayers, she had begged for answers these past two nights. A part of her had hoped that she would gain more of Lady Seraphine's memories, and perhaps even one with a way that could get her out of this place.

Unfortunately, the few memories that came to her were only about Krios. Maybe Lady Seraphine was trying to make her feel guilty for calling him a monster;  all of the memories were of him being admittedly very sweet and loving. Sometimes it seemed like he was a completely different person.

In those memories, he was so gentle. He whispered sweet words and soft declarations of love over and over again. He would hold her close, caress her cheeks, and always looked at her with pure love and adoration. And he would sometimes act so shy, looking embarrassed whenever Lady Seraphine showered him with the same affection.

While she could see why Lady Seraphine would love him, that didn't mean she would. The Krios she had met was forceful and cruel. He had slaughtered her colleagues, and he would have likely killed her too if she hadn't been his soulmate.

At least he hadn't come around to bother her. Maybe he didn't need to either. He knew she couldn't leave this place. And even if she did manage to run away, she had no idea where to go. This was the Underworld, and any knowledge she might have had of it was useless. Not to mention she didn't know what existed beyond the walls of this palace. The last thing she needed was getting herself killed by a monster. Not to mention Krios said he could find her, no matter where she was.

This whole situation was a stressful mess. Seeing that hiding in her room and praying hadn't helped much, Phoebe had her maids  if she could take a walk in the gardens. Sarah and Leia were more than eager to go with her and quickly got her dressed in another expensive gown. Gloria went to help other servants prepare for supper. 

It was colder here than back home, so Sarah made her take a coat. But despite the cold, she walked comfortably through the beautiful and strange gardens of the Underworld. That sense of familiarity lingered as she walked through it, vague memories flashing in her mind whenever she looked around.

It was strange. These memories were technically hers, but she had no attachment to them. It was almost as if they were a book or a play unfolding in her mind. She could feel for Lady Seraphine and Krios, but she was merely an observer. She had seen how much her previous incarnation had loved this place; she often had tea out here or had come out to paint. She and Krios would often walk out here together. Sometimes the two of them would sneak away to more secluded corners and have more "intimate" moments.

Phoebe tried not to blush thinking about it. Even though she had no emotional attachment to these memories, they still had a small effect on her. And seeing visions of them having sex aroused her, her vagina throbbing at the thought. It didn't help that her body still felt a little off since Krios had kissed her.

She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. Damn that demon. If they weren't soulmates, she never would have felt this way.

"Is it too cold, my lady? Should we go back inside?"