Chapter 18

ZANDER'S JOURNAL

I told Aura on our way back from the hospital that I'm leaving in half an hour for my modeling assignment in L.A. in an hour. The thing about her is she never seemed to be fazed about me being a part of this business. She congratulated me and it showed that she was happy for me but that didn't seem to change her feelings towards me in the slightest. Everyone in the college who got to know it through Theo went bananas over it. Barbie asked me if she could fucking accompany me. As if college wasn't enough to deep fry my head with all that chatter.

When I reached home it was rather chaotic. Jean informed me that the nurse has canceled and when I called our backup nurse she was out of town at the moment. I was stuck now. All these years living here with people all around but nobody to ask a favor from. Theo would come in a jiffy but both him and mum won't be comfortable with that. Let's keep him for the last resort.

The problem is nobody knows about mum. I intentionally didn't tell them to keep away the sympathies. And I want it to be that way. So that's it. Theo is our only option .

Unless Aura agrees to stay. But the way she is ...she would rather work at the canteen all night. May be Anne could persuade her to. I have to ask. If she declines , I will call Theo.

The door opened on the second bell and it was Anne. I told her my situation and asked if Aura would help. She told me she has no issues if Aura agrees.

Aura came running down on stairs and our eyes met. Her loose hair from the bun were flying everywhere and she was wearing what seemed to be a men's jogger and a men's t-shirt. I made her cheeks go red when I complimented her looks.

She asked me about mum and that's when I asked her for the favor. She pondered over it for a minute and told me she didn't know how to use the machines. I let her know that it was easy and she agreed to come.

I took her to mum's room to show her the medicines and how the machine is operated and then took her to my room. There was no way she was staying at the nurses room and I didn't want Titan to throw a fit over his room. The guest room would also have been far away . My room seemed the best option

Before leaving I practically threatened Jean to take care of her. On my way out I also asked our cook to prepare something spicy for her and stack chocolates. The security head also received my message of not letting any man on first floor.

Thankfully I was able to catch the damn flight on time. I was tired enough to sleep through it. The air hostess at first tried her best to be extra cheerful and flirty but when she saw I paid no heed she chilled out on the creepy politeness. She was hot I'll give her that but not hot enough to make me skip the sleep.

The modeling agency send a car to the airport and I was dropped at my hotel in no time. Fittings were to be done at 10 so after the breakfast I left for the venue. I was hoping not to see Gwen but who am I kidding. A Dior show without Gwen is not possible.

Sure enough she was getting her fittings done . She saw me and we exchanged formal greeting. Too formal to make her lips twist and a vein on her forehead twitch. But however she looked at me doesn't matter. We aren't going down that road. Even God will refuse his help if I was to be fool enough to fall in love.

My fittings were done and we rehearsed for the walk for a few hour before the final show. Funnily I tried to imagine Aura amongst the crowd wearing her cargos and t-shirts. It made me chuckle. I missed her. I am habitual of seeing her everyday of the week. Five days of college. Saturdays in target. And Sundays walking around the neighborhood.

Adrenaline rush is only for before the show preps. Once I'm on ramp , it becomes very natural for me and is over within no time. The show was a success and I couldn't be happier but all this while I had asked my manager to book an early flight back home if it was at all possible. He gave no answers to that so I just went with the flow and went for the after party.

Half an hour into the party I received a call from my manager about my flight bookings.

I am going to see her.