Melissa Langston

In the middle of the day, in a room. All the windows were covered by the finest of white soft curtains, a queen sized bed fit for royalty also with covered curtains, smooth tiled floors and a huge white vintage with makeup, perfumes, brushes and other daily looks necessity.

Soft snores could be heard coming from the bed, slight twist and turns as the woman was still in the land of dreams.

After a few minutes of brief silence, the doors burst open by a woman, her face serious like and saddened. She closed the doors behind her immediately, and one by one, open the curtains of the lady's room. The maid had her white sliver like hair in a clean bun, her purple crystal eyes dull and reserved. She was the lady's caretaker maid.

"My lady, it is the middle of the day."

She said, trying to grab the attention of 'sleeping beauty'. After she had opened all the curtains, all that was left was the ones for the lady's bed.

She pulled the curtains of the bed aside vigorously and looked at the messy bed in front of her. All she could see of the lady was her pink sleeping bonnet she was fully covered by the duvet.

"My lady, please wake up. The Duke requests your presence for lunch this afternoon." She said and threw the duvet of the lady.

The Lady had grumbled slightly, Her Light Brown skin of a mixed breed, her golden yellow eyes opening slowly and adjusting to the light of day coming from the tall windows and her elegantly white pure night gown. She tossed and turned, trying to return to the land of dreams.

"My lady, please arise for The Duke will not be pleased once more if you go to the dining room in your night gown like last week." She said in a disappointed tone.

The lady had to no choice but to sit up and cooperate with the maid. She slowly stood up from her bed and stretched her stiff 'morning' body.

"Very well, Cv. Please prepare my dress for the day, and I shall get into the bath."

"Yes, my lady." Cv said with a formal bow. She held both sides of her dress and courtesies out of respect.

After a few minutes of preparation and getting ready. She was ready in her Highclass gown, her long, curly wavy hair running down her body as she walked in the halls. She had a smile on her face. The second daughter of the Duke, who looked nothing like her siblings.

Her Dark Brown hair from the 'demised' duchess, the golden yellow eyes from the Duke, and the skin colour from the fight of genes from both parents.

The Langston Estate was one of the biggest ones in the country, and the Duke had four children the first one was a lover child but he had not married the woman, he had married the mother of the lady. The mother of the lady had run away, taking her daughter with her "Melissa." After a while, he married his lover and had three more children with her before she passed. Now, he lives the life of a single rich man.

The bulters had opened the doors of the dining room, and Melissa walked into a room filled with silence and tension in the air.

The Duke's first daughter was present, She had the same hair colour of the Duke just like all his children except Melissa. She had the eyes of her mother as green as an emerald, but she was pale. Ever since Melissa had arrived, she noticed Scarlett, the first daughter, sent most of her time in her bedroom in the main part, or the estate also present was the Third daughter but she had black shiny eyes instead of green or golden from the former duchess. Zyrille was often seen around the estate and has spied on Melissa many times, afraid to approach her first even though she really wanted to, and last but not least, the 'Devil' himself  the Duke.

"Melissa, you are late." He said as he took a sip of his tea. His Purple High Class jacket complimented his outfit. He was handsome, but not all good.

"I was tired." She said as she slowly approached a vintage chair and took a seat on it. She never stopped.

"I don't know how you did it before with those women, but here you wake up early and look presentable. You have only been to two parties since you got here, and you have a line of wealth suitors, and the other Dukes and high-class men's daughters want to be friends with you." The Duke complained on and on about his daughter's behaviour. She felt like he only got her back from the people she was staying with just so he could use her for his gain. She was just a tool for more money.

"I have no plans of doing so." She said as she focused on the maid, pouring her a glass of hot tea, the steam flowing into the atmosphere, and the sweet aroma filling her nostrils.

"It is not a request, Melissa." He said in a firm tone.

"You will be attending Ms. Bernadette's Tea party on the following Monday, and you will go without any complaints. If you are asked anything about how moving into the Langston estate has been for you. You must only say good things."

"Understood, Duke." She nodded.

She had not even been in the estate for so long, yet the maids have made rumours that she is the Villainess of the family for coming here. She may want all the fortune for herself.

Melissa could care less. She was here for her own reason and had a plan. First of all, she needs to learn fencing and sword skills.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

{A/n}: hii, I hope you liked it soo far. I always wanted to write a historical manwha. They are all soo amazing and cool. See you in the next one byeee