one

"You need to find a mate, Kellin. Give this one a chance." My mother lectured me for the millionth time this week, as today has a possibility of being a big day for her. I let out a long and exasperated sigh at her comment.

"Mother, we have gone over this a million times. I am capable of finding my own mate on my own terms. Your parents did the same thing that you're doing right now, and you and dad met on your own terms" I said in defense.

"Don't you dare pull that on me, young man. You know damn well how much work we've put into finding a mate for you. And your father and I did not meet on our own terms. I didn't understand it then, but I damn well understand it now." she paused, giving me a sudden pleading look. "Give this one a shot, for your father. For me. If he isn't the one then you can go to college for the next few years like you want to." I heard her mumbled something else as well. "Hopefully, when you come back you'll have found someone by then." That comment pissed me off greatly, but I didn't respond to it. I didn't want to start an argument with her right now.

"Mom," I say sternly to gather her attention. "I'll give this one a shot, but only because you want me to." I was careful with my words and tried not to make it sound like I was going to just dump the guy later tonight. It was bound to happen, I just couldn't let her know that I wasn't going to try with this guy.

No matter how many blind dates my mother, or father, had set me up on, they could never find the right one for me. The one that they wanted to sire their grandchildren. I would hate to see the look on their faces if I fell for someone that they hated. This was probably the only reason why I don't go out and find my own mate.

I gave my mother a small smile while she adjusted my tie for the third time tonight. She was forcing me out tonight with this werewolf named Marcus. My mom claimed that the alpha was handsome and a fine specimen for, and I quote, 'puppy making.'

My father was outside talking to Marcus, as he wanted to have a man-to-man conversation with him before my mother brought me outside for Marcus to take me away and try to impress me.

I sigh to myself and take a look in the mirror. My ebony hair was fixed properly. The bangs were perfect cut into a fringe that rested on the side of my face as well. They always trimmed my hair or fixed it in some way, when I went out for this kind of thing. Neither of my parents wanted me to go out looking like a "slob" on any of the dates.

My mother had placed some sort of product on my face to make my skin seem smoother and to make it look like I had no freckles. I hated makeup and she was going to try to sneak on some more products that women wear, like eye shadow, lipstick, and whatever women put on their face, I refused to allow her to put it on my face. She had tried to get me to wear something else that I didn't like, which was a dress of some sort, and I refused to put that on as well. I was not going to dress up like that for some Alpha I didn't know.

I was pried away from the safety of my thoughts when my mother ushered me out of the door. She wished me luck with the date, though I could see she knew I didn't like him already. My father didn't notice the look  I was giving Marcus as he began to speak.

"Marcus, this is Kellin." My father introduced Marcus to me, but he did not do the same for me.

Marcus was a muscular werewolf, his features were sharp and his eyes were bold and azure. His eyebrows thick but well shaped, and his jaw line was sharp. His nose was medium sized, a slight outward curve middle the middle and a little crooked. His hair was dark and brunette. (The sides were buzzed, the top half was styled into an upward motion.) He was dressed in a black and white suit with a light blue tie. The way he held himself made me I hate him already.

"It's nice to meet you, Kellin," Marcus said, offering me his hand. I convinced a fake, yet convincing, smile to appear on my face and placed my hand on his and shook it.

"Same to you," I muttered the lie, Marcus pulled me a bit closer to him. I could sense his dominance, but I didn't let it take control of my body like it would with any other submissive. I kept my body language neutral; I didn't want to give the poor lad false hope. I was sure to keep my body a fair distance away from his when he pulled me closer.

"Well, I'll let you two go on your merry way. Have him back by Midnight, Marcus." My father paused, examining how Marcus was looking at me, which was in a dark and lustful way. "Don't do too much now, it's simple date, nothing more." He said, Marcus chuckled and nodded.

"I understand Mr. Bostwick," Marcus said. A smirk was plastered onto his ugly face.

"Guess we better be going then," I say, glancing at my father with a mischievous glance before turning around and allowing Marcus to lead me to the limo so we could go on our forced date. I sigh to myself and sat down. Hopefully, this "date" wouldn't turn out too bad and I could let the guy down easily at the end of the night.