four

"You okay?" Vic questioned as walked towards a building that I recognized as a mall.

"Mmm, yeah? Why are you asking me this?" I glanced at him suspiciously.

"I-um- no reason at all really." He paused to look at me then forward again.

"What are we doing here?" I walked through the main door of the mall, Vic held it open for me.

"I was thinking about just wondering around here. Talk a bit, maybe look around inside the stores, if you want to? I know of this really great restaurant near here if you don't want to do that, though."

"I think the first option is our go-to in this situation," I say with a small smile.

We walked deeper into the mall, my intentions were to look around for a place to take the suppressant. But I couldn't figure out a way that would make it seem like I wasn't trying to ditch him.

We spent nearly forty minutes mindlessly walking around before we finally decided to go inside of a small place that sold "the best pizza around." I had already taken the pill by making an excuse to use the restroom. I was lucky that the restrooms were empty when I took it.

"The pizza's alright here." He walked towards a booth that was away from most of the costumers; I followed closely behind him.

"I'm aware. I have had the pizza here before, it's not as good as my mother's, to be honest." I say without much thought.

"Ahh, umm-"

"I'm alright with pepperoni with extra cheese. I'll get us the drinks? They're free here, y'know?" I say and I went to stand up.

"Alright, get me a Coca-Cola and I'll get the pizza."

I nodded subtly before walking over to the unoccupied drink machine. I grabbed one of the medium sized cups before filling it one-thirds of the way with ice and the rest with Coca-Cola. I then placed a lid over it and placed a straw through the middle and into the drink. I did the same with a second cup, but with Sprite, not Coca-Cola.

On my way to our table, I saw a group of suspicious looking guys. They were seated in a booth for four people, which was how many was sitting there. On of the guys on the inside, who were against the brick wall, had a man bun. He was the one on the left. The man had medium sized eyebrows, a nose that angled slightly from his face, a slightly thicker upper lip compared to his lower lip. He had a thin mustache along with a beard that was thin along the sides and then faded into a small goatee at the chin. His attire consisted of a light denim colored button up and a blue-jean vest with no sleeves, his pants were not visible due to the table and the guy sitting next to him.

Next to him was a man whose hair was covered with a beanie, his facial features were sharp and pointed. His eyebrows were the same shape as the guy next to him, but they were thinner. He wore a denim jacket that had a grey hood and a grey inside. The shirt underneath was plain grey.

The other two faced away from me, the only things I saw where the back of their heads. One had a beanie covering his hair, the other a buzzcut. They both wore flannels, the beanie guy had a blue one to match the beanie. And the buzzcut guy had on a dark green flannel.

Those two facing me seemed to be eyeing me, their gazes had averted from mine when I was close to the table. They smelled like a human, but there was also a hint of another creature. The stench made me wrinkle my nose. I was nearly past them when I felt something against my butt. I made a startled sound, glaring back at what I thought to be humans. They looked startled, which was confusing.

This has happened to me before, but not once did the people give me this look when I confronted them about it. I ended up dropping it there, as I was on a date and I didn't want to cause any kind of conflict while with Vic.