Make Up

Newt's P.O.V

The next morning, I go to Hazels room to see her still sleeping. I leave her a note saying to meet me by the gardens when she wakes up. Once I get to the gardens, I see Thomas sitting there. "So, you with me today?" I ask making him nod. 

Not long after we start working the questions start.

"Why is Hazel the only girl?"

"She asked to be sent into the maze." 

"Why?" 

"Gally and her used to be together. After she got pregnant, she asked to be sent up." 

"Why did she scream at Gally last night?" 

"No more questions about Hazel or Gally." I say getting annoyed.

Hazels P.O.V

I wake up and pull on some sweats. I am about to walk out of my room when I hear a voice from behind the door. I take a cup putting it to the door to hear Gally talking to himself. "Come on Gally just knock and say sorry. What if she is sleeping... No, it's kind of late she should be awake. But she's pregnant oh I know breakfast in bed. Hey Chuck stay here and watch Hazels room."

"What if she comes out?" Chuck asks making me cover my mouth to quiet the chuckle.  "Come tell me immediately." Gally says and then I hear him leave. I open the door and see Chuck looking at me then down the stairs making me laugh. "I heard the whole thing chill." I say smiling leaning on the door. 

Suddenly we hear screaming so Chuck helps me down the stairs and we go outside to see 4 people holding down Ben. After holding him down I watch until Gally and some builders carry Ben to the pit. Newt sees me and walks over immediately changing his frown to a smile. 

"How's Gracie?" Newt asks making me frown. "Don't do that Newt what happened?" 

"Ben got stung and hurt Thomas he's being banished tonight no doubt" Newt says crossing his arms looking down. 

That night for the banishing I go as far away from the doors, so I don't have to hear any of it. Chuck and I walk through the deadheads when suddenly I stop him. "Are you ok? Is the baby coming?" he asks making me smile he's so sweet.

"Shh" I whisper pointing out the lighting bugs. He slowly walks over and tries to catch them when they light up making me laugh. "Do you want to go get a jar?" I ask making him smile running off. 

"He is adorable." A voice says making me turn and see Gally. "Yeah, I've been treating him like my practice child." 

"I can see." he says leaning against a tree next to me as Chuck comes back and tries to catch the fireflies. 

"I'm sorry about Ben I know he used to be a builder and you guys were close." I say resting my hands on my stomach. 

"It's ok made me realize...anything could happen here. I don't want to miss our baby girl being born." he says hugging me from behind and resting his hands on my stomach. "I guess so." I say looking up and smiling at him.