Chapter One, Breaking the Curses

The day had finally arrived. Nik, Rebekah, Kol and Greta had spent all day getting everything ready, including having another vampire and witch to use for Kol's curse.
"You don't have to do this, Greta." Elena begged the witch to release them but she didn't listen.
"You really have some nerve." Rebekah spat coming into view with her twin brother Kol. "I don't understand how Elijah trusts you after you stabbed him in the back not once but twice, you also tried to kill our sister with your boy toys, but then he and Finn have always been deluded towards you Dopplebitches."

"Glad I still have people in my corner." Nik stated a smirk on his lips as he came down the hill with the coffin containing the love of his life. "Are we ready?" He asked Greta.
"We're ready." She confirms heading over to the altar to start the first part of the ritual which would release Hecate from the curse binding her to the Moonstone. "And the witch and vampire needed to break Lord Kol's curse are here protected by an invisibility and protection spell." She added. Once Hecate was awake and Nik had killed the wolf and the vampire she would then use her powers to alter the moon phase so Kol could kill his witch and vampire before changing it back to the full moon just before Kol and Nik drank from Elena.

"Perfect." Kol crowed. "Let's get started then so I can have my sister back and Nik and I can be free." Nodding her head, Greta started to chant in Latin, dropping the Moonstone into a copper bowl and pouring many herbs and potions over it. She watched gleefully as the stone started to crumble before it combusted until there was nothing left; a mere second later a gasp was heard from the ornate coffin, Hecate was alive once more. Before she could even sit up, Nik had darted over to the coffin, his hand reaching slowly in until he cupped her cheek, his eyes filling with tears that poured down his cheeks like a waterfall of relief.
"My love?" Nik questioned, his voice cracking due to the onslaught of emotions.

As Hecate's gorgeous green eyes cleared, a distinctive and breathtaking smile stole over her plump rose coloured lips.
"Nikkie!" Hecate exclaimed, surging upwards to wrap her arms around his neck, as he and his two siblings let out a breath of relief that wracked them to their core. "I've missed you. And Bekah and Kol!"
"We've missed you too, my love." Nik assured her, kissing her temple so tenderly that it shocked all those held within the rings of fire. A sudden hard shove to Nik's shoulder caused him to release his heart as he stumbled to the side, a glare directed towards his twin younger siblings that quickly vanished upon seeing how happy they and his heart were as they reunited for the first time in a thousand years.