Prologue

Location: ???

Date: 14 June 2070

???? hours

Third Person POV

Scientist 1: "Are you sure about this?"

Scientist 2: "Even i'm not sure about this myself."

Scientist 1: "We have failed six times. Six times, man. How much more people do we have to sacrifice?"

Scientist 2: "You know, the top brass didn't care how many people were sacrificed because of this project. For the sake of humanity they said."

Then came someone who roughly half a century old.

???: "What are you two doing? You're supposed to preparing experiment for subject 7!"

Scientist 1: "Uh chief, are you sure about this?"

Chief scientist: "This is direct order from top brass."

Scientist 2: "But chief, this man..."

Chief scientist: "I know. Honestly I feel sorry for this young man. They choose him because he was deemed qualified. We don't have choices."

Scientist 1: "Yeah, me too."

Chief scientist: "I hope he can survive this experiment. Talk about lucky seven."

Scientist 2: "But I heard rumor about this young man. They said he was volunteered himself and just happened to fit the requirements."

Chief scientist: "I don't know for sure. After all, it's just a rumor."

The chief scientist and his subordinates go to room marked "Subject 7: Alexander". The subject is in some kind of bacta tank. After checking everything....

Scientist 1 and 2: "Everything is ready chief."

Chief scientist: "I hope this worked. Ready for implantation!"

A mysterious blueish-green cube implanted to subject's body. And the subject screams very loudly.

Subject 7: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Seeing that make the chief scientist and his subordinates feel pity to him.

Chief scientist: "Hold on son, soon the process will be finished!"

Two minutes later.......

Chief scientist: "Implantation success!"

He and his subordinates then check his condition.

Chief scientist: "How's his condition?"

Scientist 1: "He's unconscious. There's no vital sign of him."

Chief scientist: "Oh God, did we fail again!?"

Suddenly, the subject wakes up with his brown eyes glowing green.

Scientist 2: "I can't believe it!"

Scientist 1: "He's awake!"

Chief scientist: "We did it! Subject 7 made it through."

Then they took out his body out of the bacta tank.

Chief scientist: "Hey, are you okay?"

Subject 7: *cough* *cough* *pant* *pant*

Chief scientist: "I must make this report to the top brass. You two, make sure his condition is stable."

Scientist 1 and 2: "Yes sir!"

Thirty minutes later.....

After making the report, he seems call someone through his phone.

Chief scientist: "Sir, your adopted son has made it through."

???: "Really!? Thank God. I thought he didn't make it. But still....." *sigh*

Chief scientist: "Sounds like you didn't like the result."

???: "To be honest, yes. I fear the worst thing will happen to him, and because he still holds a grudge against 'them', I also fear he will acting reckless. That's why I always say this to him 'Don't ever get involved with that project, because you will face mysterious creature you never imagine. Also it's time for you to heal your heart from anger and hate before you regret it.'"

Chief scientist: "Anger and hate? toward 'them'?"

???: "Yeah. Something personal for him."

Chief scientist: "I see. But is it true? About he volunteered himself to the 'Project Salvation'?"

???: *sigh* "So you heard about it?"

Chief scientist: "Yes. Um, so is that rumor true?"

???: "Well...."

To be continued

Words count: 419

(Amagi: "Author-san, why with this sudden new book?")

(Author: "Uh, after these last several weeks, I think this story need to revised, because I feel many things that doesn't right in my old story.")

(Amagi: "Okay. So what's the difference from original version Author-san?")

(Author: "Well I do something like:

 - Some change (I reflect from many comments but I'll still keep some main line)

 - Less cringy (I hope so)

 - Improved writing style

(Amagi: "I see. I hope this story will become good.")

(Author: "I hope so.")