one!

i tucked my finger in the back of my new balance sneakers, pulling them over my foot

i tucked my finger in the back of my new balance sneakers, pulling them over my foot. i huffed softly as i stood up, adjusting the loose ponytail on my head.

a pair of arms smoothly snaked around my waist, pressing a gentle kiss on my neck. "what times your flight baby?" my boyfriend, nasir, questioned.

"11:30," i responded. "this is crazy, i literally see you two days out the week-"

i rolled my eyes, zipping up my suitcase.

"- does iymani really need you to come with her every single week to scope out venues? can't she bring her team with her or sum?"

i smacked my lips loudly, "nasir when i first brought this up to you, you were cool with it.why's it a problem now?"

"cause i would like to see my girl for more than two days out the week!" he raised his voice slightly.

"im not doing this shit with you bro, you start a argument every fucking time i leave," i pointed out.

he took a deep breath before approaching me again, pulling me into a hug. "you're right baby im sorry, just gon' miss you thats all." he muttered.

i smiled softly, placing a quick peck on his cheek. i wrapped my fingers around the luggage handle. "gotta go baby!" i exclaimed quickly. he followed me out the door, giving me a slow kiss.

nasir put my bags in the trunk of my car, before i waved him off with a smile. as soon as he entered the house, my smile dropped.

"i'm so sick of that nigga," i groaned, before backing out of my driveway. i drove down the road with my left hand on the wheel, and my phone in the right. "hey siri, call mani."

the phone rang a few times before she answered, "hell the fuck o."

"where you at bitch?" i interrogated. "at HOME, i can't go nowhere cause you lie to yo nigga every week," she chuckled.

this bitch. "iymani fuck you!" her laughter echoes through my car before she speaks again, "so wheres the game this week?"

"houston," i responded, tapping my finger on the wheel.

"okay bookie, call me when you land. love you!"

"love you pookie," i chirped before hanging up.

once i reached the airport, i drug my luggage through the parking lot before reaching my terminal. i put my luggage through the conveyor belt before running to get starbucks.

"hello, can i get a brown sugar shaken espresso with sweet cream cold foam?" i paid the barista, waiting for my drink. i scrolled on my phone, before receiving a text.

 i  scrolled on my phone, before receiving a text

safe travels baby, text me
when you land ❤️

ty, i will! 🫶🏾

i rolled my eyes, grabbing my drink and heading for the plane.

this is my 10th week going to see my childhood bestfriend, ja, play basketball. we had a big falling out a few years back, but i promised him when he made it big, i'd always be there to support, and i intend to keep that promise.