Chapter 3

Don't forget to vote pretty please and by all means, leave me comments to help me out. I read all of them.

Hey guys, I was just going to start writing a new chapter because I have been stressing out about how I haven't updated in a while when it turned out my third chapter that I had posted was deleted? So you guys have basically been sitting on a cliffhanger for who knows how long.. So yeah. I noticed that and I quickly copied it from my fan fiction account to paste it into here so that I am able to share it with you guys. Like I said earlier I will be updating soon for those of you that have already read this.

"Mills I need your help!" Shay yelled. "Mills!" Casey turned his head as he watched Mills run over to Gabby and Shay. He too ran to her and found that Antonio had the same idea. "Gabs!" Antonio yelled, "Gabby!"

"I need a c-collar now!" Mills began,"Shay what happened?"

Shay was shaking her head frantically, tears in her eyes. "She was awake but she couldn't remember anything, she kept asking me what was wrong when she noticed her head was bleeding. While I was telling her she just fainted. I caught her, but... What... Mills Gabby has to be okay. She has to be, we can't lose her," Shay replied, the tears in her eyes now failing to be kept at bay.

"Shay, if this was me, Gabby would want you to stay focused. Okay? She's going to be okay. Now I need you to calm down and help me please. "Mills reassured her.

"Yeah," Shay said as she wiped her tears and took a deep breath, "Let's do this."

Gabby started shaking uncontrollably. "She's seizing! We need to go now!" Mills said.

Casey and Antonio watched in disbelief. They couldn't do anything. It was as if they were just frozen. The extent of Gabby's injuries worrying them both to the core.

Mills lifted the stretcher and climbed into the back, after quickly throwing his jacket and helmet out the doors, making it easier for him to move around. Shay climbed into the front and began to drive, calling into dispatch for yet another ambulance to take care of the victims just taken out of the first floor. Mills grabbed Gabby, and laid her on her side. All he could do was wait it out.

When the seizure passed, he kept her on her side but moved over to where her face was. He took his light and shined it in her eyes. "Damnit," he said, "Shay, what's your ETA?"

"Two minutes, how's my girl?" Shay asked. "Unusual eye movements, seizure, her pupils aren't the same size, and unconsciousness for a long period of time," he replied, "I'm thinking skull fracture or severe concussion. She has a good sized bump." He began to observe the rest of her body, having only paid attention to her head injury. He lifted her shirt to check for bruising, often a sign of internal issues or worse. The whole right side of her torso was engulfed in bruises, black blue and purple making their way into sight. Although he knew it would be extremely painful he lifted his hand to press on her ribs enabling him to check on anything that was broken. He felt friction against his fingers as he did so, informing him of the injuries to her ribs.

"Several broken ribs to the right side of her torso as well."

Shay didn't say anything in return but her head was reeling with thoughts. A head injury was never good. Why couldn't this have happened to her? After everything Dawson had been through this year, why couldn't Shay have something happen to her for once?
***
"Hey, who was that guy you were talking to earlier at chief's wedding?" Shay asked Gabby while they were responding to a warehouse fire they had received. "I don't even know. You don't recognize him either? He said he knew me from a call we got where his mother was stuck in a bathtub." Gabby said. Shay crinkled her eyebrows. "What? I don't remember that ever happening. Gabby I don't think that's true. Clearly he's some sort of creeper." Gabby nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, Thank god we got a call before anything got too weird." "Yep," Shay responded, "But I mean, if I saw you walking down the street I'd become a creeper too." Both Shay and Gabby busted out laughing, Gabby knew Shay was just trying to make her feel better, and she appreciated that.