Chapter 4

They all sat down and let the events of the evening play out in their heads. They understood that even if they didn't get a lot of good news at least they knew that Gabby was going to be okay. Chief walked in minutes later, looking exhausted but worried about his employee.

Casey reassured him that everything was okay, and told him what he knew. The house crowded the almost empty waiting room. The only thing that could be heard were the soft murmurs and rings in the distance, beyond the hospital waiting room. The eyes of the men and woman sitting in it focused on the walls or floors, each person lost in thought.
***
Gabby ran through the doors of the warehouse, not bothering to look back. Her heart was thumping in her chest, and her body was full of adrenaline.She found herself running up a flight of stairs, completely oblivious to the person laying near the entryway.

"EVERYONE OUT NOW!" She yelled as she reached the last steps to the second floor. When she made it to the top she saw the guys, all staring at her wide-eyed. "You heard the woman everyone out!" Casey yelled. The guys jogged toward the stairway, not stopping to question their Lieutenant.

All of the sudden the ground started to shake and they saw fire starting to ignite in the corners of the room they were currently in. "EVERYBODY DOWN" Casey yelled to his men who all crouched down. Dawson, who crouched as well, watched as the ceiling began to crack just above Mill's head.
"MILLS WATCH OUT!" Gabby yelled as she found herself launching at him. She was able to push him out of the way just before the ceiling crashed. When he turned back all he saw was rubble.

"Gabby!" Casey yelled as he stared in disbelief at what just happened. He stood to run to the rubble but Kelly pulled him back down. Before he could protest there was an unbelievable ear-rupturing roaring followed by flames above the crouched bodies. Everyone fell into darkness. ***

Jay had been sitting next to Antonio and Voight for a while now, staring at the doorway. It didn't seem like it before but there were ALOT of people that passed by. Injured patients, families, friends, doctors ,nurses you name it. He didn't think he was looking at the doorway for a specific reason until he saw his brother. As soon as he did he launched out of his seat and jogged toward him. Will was reading a chart, completely unaware of his brothers presence.
When Jay called his name he looked up. He frowned; not because he didn't want to see Jay but because he didn't want to see Jay here. Obviously something was wrong. He took a deep breath and hoped for the best.
"Jay who is it?" He asked. Jay had a questioning look on his features, but decided to dismiss whatever it was. "Gabby, from house 51. We haven't heard anything for a while I was hoping that you could tell us something?"
Will nodded. "I'll catch up with her doctor and see what's going on. give me a minute." He stated.
Jay nodded in return and spun on his heels to head back to the room. He was surprised when no one thought to ask questions, obviously too distracted by what was happening to notice. He sat patiently, waiting for his brother sending Erin a text to begin to tell her what happened.
A few minutes later Will walked in. instead of going straight to Jay he decided he might as well just announce his news to everyone. "So I checked up on Gabby. Her doctor said that she is now conscious, and she is taking Gabby to get her CT right now. She said that she is responsive, and doesn't seem to have any unusual eye movement anymore and she is doing good verbally. Once she is done with the CT she is allowed to have a few visitors, however she may still be very tired." the guys (and Shay) had smiles on all over their faces. All of the sudden Herrmann yelled, "That's our girl!" Which started a mob of hugs, cheers and whistles. The tension in the room was replaced with love and happiness.

Everyone glad to have escaped death once again.

Dont forget to vote and leave comments on what you think! It only gets me writing faster!