ACT TWO

The only thing more irritating than not having her memories erased was having to put up with Kol Mikaelson

It had taken Angel weeks, if not months to finally leave the loneliness of her room, carrying around an aura of sadness that not even Bekah could handle. Her family tried their best, especially Klaus Mikaelson, to bring her out of her grieving state. Nothings was off the table for him to bring happiness to his daughter, but nothing seemed to work no matter the thought and effort put into it.

All the Mikaelson's efforts lay to waste.

It seemed that Kol Mikaelson, however, had little sympathy for the grieving widow since she left her room. Insults and teases were thrown her direction at all times of the day, no matter their vulgarity. Cruelty seemed to be the only word Kol knew as Angel came to understand now why none of the Mikaelson siblings liked the younger vampire very much.

Any sympathy he had shown for the girl after the wedding was gone, replaced with that stupid, arrogant smirk that made Angel's skin crawl. Some days she wondered if she should've let James finish the vampire off first. That would've saved some headache at least. 

Angel didn't like to say she hated many people, but as the days passed and Kol became more insufferable, it became clear in her mind how she felt about the vampire.

She hated Kol Mikealson.

— — — ✧ ∴ ⁎ ♡ ⁎ ∴ ✧ — — — 

Kol wasn't above admitting he was cruel, in fact, he usually relished in the fact. This time was different.

It's not that he wanted to torment the poor girl anymore, she was so clearly in so much pain even months after having to kill the man she loved. Kol was honestly surprised she even left her room at all, as all she did was leave a trail of misery behind. It was almost as miserable to watch her as it was to witness the painful attempts of his siblings to cheer her up. None of it worked, obviously, as Angel was the furthest from happy of any human in existence.

Every time Kol saw her now, he couldn't ignore the flip in his stomach and twinge of sympathy shotting through his body, for her, a mere human who had somehow saved his and his sibling's lives. Kol wasn't oblivious, he knew what the butterflies in his stomach meant, and he wasn't a damn fool to ignore it. 

He also wasn't an idiot. Angel was still a mess, a grieving widow who hadn't smiled in months, and by the gods, he did miss her smile. Why and how he ended up with these feelings was a mystery to him, and he hated how vulnerable it made him feel.

On the other hand, Angel's feelings had become perfectly clear as Kol had found out that he was the only one who could still push her buttons even in her disheveled state. By the pounding in her chest, flush of her cheeks, and clenched fists, Kol could always tell he riled up the girl whenever he was around. It's not that he enjoyed making her angry at him, he'd much prefer her not to hate him, but he also needed her to get better.

Rage was much better than misery, and Angel Knight became enraged when it had anything to do with Kol Mikaelson. While perhaps it wasn't the best strategy, Kol had noticed it brought her out of her pitied state, and that was progress. He hated when she was so clearly miserable, but he could deal with an angry Angel at him.

He would worry about making her not hate him when she wasn't so sad anymore.