→ seven

Another knock on the door. Another day that Angel ignored whoever was on the other side.

It had been a continuous cycle for the past week as Angel refused to leave her room. Elijah and Rebekah had visited almost every day, attempting to coax the brunette out of her room. The brunette would never answer as they pleaded to her with no success. The only time Angel ever opened her door was when they brought her food but even then she made sure they were long gone before she quickly grabbed the food.

Klaus had yet to visit but Angel had a sneaking suspicion he had gone away on another one of his so-called business trips. Angel was similar to Klaus in the way that she was always running away from her problems instead of facing them head-on. She assumed that was what he was doing as she stayed hidden in her room, however, she wasn't moping around like they believed she was. 

Instead, Angel began to lay out her plan. It wasn't very elaborate but it didn't need to be. All she had to do was just wait for the perfect moment to sneak to the basement so she could simply pull Kol's dagger out. It sounded quite simple in her head but was much harder in reality. 

Living in a house full of vampires meant they could hear her heartbeat wherever she went. That meant if she went into the basement, her plan would crumble apart when they realized where she was and what she planned to do. Angel knew she had to find a sneakier, and smarter, way to execute her plan. 

After a few days, Angel caught on to some of their patterns. It was difficult with her staying confined in her room but she soon realized every evening Rebekah and Elijah would take a long stroll outside. It wasn't much but she knew it gave her plenty of time to sneak to the cellar and undagger Kol. 

After a few more evenings, she finally set her plan into motion. Watching from her window, she waited until the two vampires were out of sight before slipping out of her room for the first time in a week. With no vampires in the house, she didn't bother being quiet as she ran into the dark cellar of the manor.

Angel had only been down in the cellar once when Klaus undaggered Rebekah and she found it was more of a maze than she realized. Without Klaus guiding her, it took her more time than she anticipated to find the right dingy room with all the coffins in them.

Feelings a sense of relief and dread, an awful combination that the brunette hoped she would never feel again, she slowly made her way towards the coffin in the furthest corner. Creaking open the old coffin, she found Kol Mikaleson laying with a dagger in his chest. Angel paused for a moment to observe the boy, who appeared no older than she was. 

Looking down at him, she could see the resemblances he shared with his siblings. He had the same, strong jawline all the Mikaelson boys possessed. His dark hair, although the same shade as his brother's, was styled much differently and she assumed it was the popular style during the time he was undaggered. His eyes were glued shut but Angel could almost imagine him possessing the same dazzling, chocolate eyes his siblings had. Despite the similarities, Angel felt something different about the Mikaelson sibling. She just couldn't quite place her finger on it. 

Angel shook the thoughts out of her head, remembering she didn't have much time as she reached for the dagger sticking out of his chest. She hesitated, her hand hovering over the dagger as she truly thought about what she was doing. She thought over her life and if undaggering Kol was truly worth the risk involved.

She answered her own question as her hand wrapped around the handle and she slowly slid the knife out of Kol's chest.