Chapter 4: Purpose

Chapter 4: Purpose

Arabella's POV

"Well... okay, so here's the thing." I try to explain.

"Actually, no. Screw it, I'm coming over. Before you get into this I'm gonna need to see it for myself." Sophie claims.

"You still wouldn't believe it. I'm not even sure I do." Judah vocalizes.

"How do you guys think I feel? How I've been feeling all day?" I express to them.

This dragon business has had my head spinning circles all day.

"Yeah I can see why you were being so weird earlier. I just thought it was because you were mad at us." He mentions again.

"Yeah I know." I mouth, mentally rolling my eyes. "Seriously Judah get over yourself. The both of you. I'm obviously dealing with much bigger issues than your love life." I shake my head at him.

"Obviously." Sophie agrees. "Anyways, I'll be over in like five minutes then you can explain ok." She muffles through the phone. I can barely hear her due to her constant moving and keys jangling.

Sophie and I are practically next door neighbors, so it's nothing for her to walk a couple blocks to my house.

Within just five short minutes, as promised, she was ringing the door bell to my house and I was rushing downstairs to let her in.

"Okay, lemme see this thing." She insists, practically barging into my room.

"There he is. Ike, my... pet dragon." I present.

I look over to find Sophie's eyes wide as the ocean. She hadn't said anything either.

I don't blame her. That was my initial reaction too.

"There's no way." She finally speaks.

"That's what I thought too." I tell her.

"I... it's just so... holy shit!" She exclaims walking closer to Ike.

"I know." Judah and I say simultaneously.

"Can I touch him?" She queries.

"Go for it." I encourage her.

She hesitantly picked him up and immediately put him back down.

"What the fuck Ara! Why didn't you tell me he was so cold?" Sophie complains through faint shivers.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about that." I laugh.

"Whatever." She mutters through rolled eyes.

I then go on to explain to her what I was about to tell Judah about all the fun Ike and I got up to today at school.

"Basically, what I'm hearing is while me and the girls were at physics, worried sick about you, you decided to just stuff a dragon in your pocket?" Sophie

"Okay it didn't happen exactly like that." I correct. "But yeah... this is what was keeping me so busy all morning."

"Cool." She blankly.

"That's all? Cool?" Judah mocks.

"Well what else am I supposed to say?" She challenges. "I'm really trying to keep an open mind here and not see this all as some hoax so... yeah. That's all I got. Cool." she repeats.

"I wish it was a hoax. I'm still not entirely convinced myself that it's not. But you know I wouldn't lie to you guys about this." I say facing both of them and they both nod in agreement. "So like I was telling Judah, there's more. Apparently there's some secret magic society called the Diamond Realm that wants to meet me..."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 04, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Age Of The Dragon. Book I.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें