- Chapter 3 -

TW: Mention of Religion? (Tell me if I missed any)

--------------------

[Narrator's POV]

"Awww! Your name's Roman?! That's so cute!" Patton Said Excitedly.

"It seems quite fitting, due to the condition you were in when Virgil found you, and the biblical meaning is 'Strong'" Logan Mentioned.

"Reminds me of a prince" Virgil said with a slight smile.

Roman quietly laughed at all their reactions, but hid it the best he could. Although, Virgil's comment confused him a bit. A Prince? Probably just the name itself...He wasn't like a prince in any way. Princes were strong and confident, and he was neither...

"Well, Roman, Where'd you come from? And how'd you get here?" Patton Asked.

"W-Well...I-I lived in a bit of a rural area with my o-old m-ma-master..." Roman Mumbled, and looked up at the three, "Y-You won't bring me back there, r-right?.." He Added.

"No, Sweetie...It didn't seem like it was a good 'home' at all, due to the condition you were in before..." Patton Said, and Roman slightly nodded.

"But, You can't just not have an...'owner' " Logan Stated, clearly hating the fact that nekos had to have owners, and couldn't just be free.

"Right..Unless you wanna get put up for sale.." Patton said quietly. Roman frantically shook his head.

"Hey Hey Hey!.. Relax, Sweetie..We weren't planning on that.." Patton said, as he put a hand on Roman's shoulder to try and comfort him.

Roman flinched and braced himself to get hit, but what he thought was about to happen never came. He looked back up to see Patton, Logan, and Virgil all looking very concerned.

"U-Uhm..S-Sorry.." Roman Murmured.

The four tried to forget about what happened, and thought about what to do with Roman.

Soon enough, Logan came up with an idea.

"What if we owned you?" Logan Suggested. He, Patton, and Virgil looked over at Roman.

Roman thought for a moment, before nodding.

"Y-You don't seem like you would treat me like my old master, s-so...Yes..I-I want you three to be my masters.." Roman Mumbled, before Patton hugged him.

"Yayy!!!" Patton Said Happily, "We promise to never treat you like your old master did! Right?" He added as he looked over at the other two.

"Affirmative" Logan said, with a nod. Virgil just gave a slight smile.

"O..Okay.." Roman Mumbled

After a minute or so (And after Patton stopped hugging Roman), the three decided to give Roman a tour of the house. So, they all got off the bed and started to leave the room.

Roman remembered one of Damon's rules: Don't walk upright. Crawl like the pet that you are.

Roman quickly got on all fours and crawled after the other three. Virgil was the first to notice.

"You know..You can walk upright" Virgil said as he turned to look at Roman. Roman blushed a bit before standing up.

"S-Sorry..." Roman mumbled before quickly following the group.

"Well, After we finish showing you around, we'll have to get you a..collar" Logan Said, again, clearly hating the idea of owning a neko, and he hated the idea of putting a collar on one as well. They were beings, who deserved rights.

Roman Nodded, already aware of the fact that he needed one, and he accepted it.

After they finished showing the neko around, they gave Roman a pair of shoes, and they started heading to the collar shop, so they could actually be outside without any issues, and on the way there, they were discussing things that Roman may need.

"Well, we'll have to get you a new chair for the table, plenty of new clothes, and some other things" Virgil Said to Roman. Roman just gave a small humming sound in response.

"Oh! We have a guest bedroom that we can decorate for you! We never really have anyone over, so it wouldn't matter if it became your room" Patton Said with a smile. Roman remembered his old room from his old 'home', and thought it would just be like that, but hid his disappointment, and just smiled and nodded.

Soon enough, they reached the collar shop, and went inside.

"Alright, Sweetie! Make your pick!" Patton Said, and Roman tilted his head in confusion.

"I... get to choose?" Roman Asked.

"Of course, It's your collar after all" Virgil Said. Roman slightly nodded.

Roman quickly went and chose a red collar that had a lighter red swirl pattern, and it had a blank, silver tag.

"Aww! Amazing Pick!" Patton Said as he took the collar, and took it to the lady, "Hi, Could we get this, Please?" He Asked.

The lady looked up at Patton, "Yea, Give me the name of the neko, the name of the owner, and the owner's address" She Said.

"His name's Roman, Our names are Patton, Logan, and Virgil, and our address is [Insert Address Here]" Patton Said.

The lady wrote this down as Patton said it, took the collar, and went to the backroom.

Roman scratched his ears, hard, as they had been killing him the entire walk and time they were there.

"Something wrong, Darling?" Logan asked as he noticed this.

"O-Oh, uhm..My ears have itch a lot...I might have fleas or something.." Roman Said Quietly.

Logan Nodded, and took out his phone to make an appointment at the vet, "We'll take you to the vet after this, okay?" He Said, and Roman nodded as Logan stepped outside.

A few minutes later, the lady came back (Just as Logan came back inside from making an appointment). Roman's name was on the front, while the owners and address was on the back.

"Here, it'll be $10" The Lady Said. Patton nodded and paid, before taking the collar, although he handed it to Virgil.

"Come here" Virgil said to Roman, and Roman walked over to the male who was a bit taller than him.

Virgil put the collar on Roman, and made sure it was tight enough so it would stay on, but loose enough to where it wouldn't choke him.

"Is that too tight?" Virgil asked. Roman shook his head.

The group left the store, before Logan spoke, "I made Roman an appointment at the vet, he might have fleas" He Said. The other two looked over and nodded.

"Oh, Okay, Then! We can head there now!" Patton Said, and Logan nodded.

"Come on" Logan said, and the group started heading to the vet.

Word Count: 1004