Arrival of a Saiyan

The body of the Saiyan known as Y/n L/n ached as he stood up from the crater he lay in. He looked around in confusion and as he tried to remember how he had arrived but all he was met with were blanks. He couldn't even remember anything about himself aside from his name! It was as if his mind were wrapped in a deep fog. Clutching his hair in frustration the Saiyan struggled to remember. He was on a mission, wasn't he? He needed to save someone! Something! Y/n's head began to ache as he tried to remember again, only to collapse from exhaustion.

Forcing himself onto his feet Y/n let out a frustrated sigh before taking in their surroundings. They were standing in the middle of a field of glowing blue flowers. What made this even more strange however was that aside from the flowers everything else around him seemed to be utterly devoid of life. Nothing but sand, rock formations, and large skeletons littered this... No man's land.

Despite his exhaustion, Y/n knew he couldn't stay here any longer. If he wanted to find out where he was and why he was here, he'd have to get moving. Jumping upward the Saiyan face planted onto the ground. Why... Why did he jump? His body had done it on its own. Like a force of habit, but why would he need to jump? Y/n grit his teeth before beginning to walk. He couldn't afford to think about that right now.

"Just move Y/n! All you gotta do... is keep moving." Y/n said aloud. Stick around here any longer than he needed to and he'd just roll over and die. That was no way for a Saiyan to die! Yet the blistering heat of the wasteland he traversed begged to differ.

Where is your pride?!! Do you think that the pain that courses through your veins hurts!? Then let me tell you that the pain you'll feel when you give up is gonna be a hell of a lot worse!!

Y/n looked at the man walking next to him in confusion. "Who are... Who are you..?"

Hmph! Keep walking and maybe you'll live to remember.

With a frustrated expression, Y/n began to walk forward at an even faster pace. "I... refuse to die here."

Y/n's feet ached as continued to walk for what felt like an eternity through the barren land. Just as he was about to give up hope, he could see lights in the distance. The large skyscrapers of a city stood out as the sun set behind them. The Saiyan tried to continue forward and yet his legs betrayed him. Collapsing to his knee Y/n was unsure of whether he could make it and so his eyes began to close.

Hey! You can't give up now!

Turning to the voice Y/n gave the young man an annoyed look. "Hey! I've made it this far! Surely I can rest now right!"

Sorry, but we both know that you can't afford to rest now. The goals right there! You can make it!

"But... my legs..." Y/n complained as he turned back to look at the city in the distance. "I'll never make it there walking."

Who said anything about walking? C'mon, on your feet. You got this.

With grit teeth Y/n stood on their feet next to the short man, both of them facing the distant city in the horizon.

Relax your body and focus on the energy inside you Y/n. It should feel like second nature, you've done it a million times after all.

"I've... done this a million times." Closing their eyes Y/n began to focus. Searching for the hidden power they held within. With a breath, the air around them began to vibrate as the Saiyan slowly lifted off the ground. Opening their eyes again they shot forward at a blistering speed, flying towards the city. They were right. Y/n had done this a million times before.

With every passing moment, Y/n watched as the city grew closer. And with every passing moment, he could more clearly see the destruction that was happening within. The largest building in the city had been lit aflame and the upper half snapped off like part of a stick. Now within city limits, Y/n could see that two large hands of stone held up the upper part of the tower, seemingly controlled by a white-haired girl, stopping it from crushing the residents below.