v

Jihoo was one of the last people to leave the karaoke bar and as she walked towards the entrance of the building, she saw the hard rain that was coming down.

She groaned in frustration, she had a sweatshirt on but it had no hood that she could put over her head because it wasn't a hoodie.

Running through the rain, she ran into the nearest convenience store and purchased an umbrella. After paying, she walked back towards the karaoke bar, having to pass the building to get home.

As she got closer to the building, about to pass it, her eyes locked on a familiar figure.

"No umbrella?" She questioned, a chuckle leaving her mouth.

"Unfortunately." Dohwa deadpanned, beside him being a girl who Jihoo recognized to be Shim Su-ae.

"I should go." As soon as Su-ae said those words, she ran through the rain, probably going home.

Jihoo hesitated but asked the question that's been on her mind. "Wanna share?"

Dohwa watched as she gestured to the umbrella, it looked like she regretted asking that as soon as the words left her mouth.

"Isn't it too small?" He asked her.

"I can walk you to the convenience store so you could buy one for yourself." She suggested.

He sighed before going under her umbrella, the two walking to the convenience store that she just came from.

As they reached the small store, they headed inside. Dohwa going to the umbrellas as Jihoo waited for him.

He payed the for umbrella and something else that Jihoo couldn't see, before going towards her.

"Here." He held out a small box of strawberry pocky. "A thank you for sharing your umbrella."

"How'd you know I liked strawberry pocky?" She questioned as she grabbed the snack from his hand.

"I might've saw you buy it at the school snack mart." He told her.

"Stalker-ish." She joked. "But thank you."

She gave Dohwa a small smile before the two left the store together, they walked in silence down the street.

"Is your house this way?" She asked, looking over to him.

"No, but girls shouldn't walk home alone, now should they?" It wasn't really a question, the way he said it had her feeling weird things in her stomach.

"Why're you suddenly being nice to me?" The girl looked at him curiously.

"Why'd you suddenly share your umbrella with me? He looked back at her.

"Why not?" She said.

"There's your answer." He started. "Why not?"

She shook her head with a small smile.

"Plus this rivalry stuff is getting childish." He laughed. "We didn't even have any real rivalry, we just saw each other as competition."

"So.." Jihoo trailed off her sentence. "Friends then?"

"Friends then."