《 Cycle 4 - "Outed" 》

decided to keep writing this. Didn't know there was people who enjoy my bad writing lol

///

"I know your secret,"

No Significant Harassment suddenly paused at the noise. He questioned not where it came from, he was focused on the fact it knew one of his many buried secrets.

"Settle down, Harassment. Wouldn't want a system failure now, right? Not a lot of ancients around to fix ya."

Harassment finally gained the courage to turn. "Whatever it is, keep it to yourself, Innocence. I don't care."

The overseer that projected her in his can silently turned to face him.

Unparalleled Innocence gave him a look. One of smug satisfaction.
"I see right through that. You're looking frantically for that pearl. I was built much later than you, but I wasn't built one cycle ago." she told him.

Harassment averted his gaze, tapping on the holographic monitor that lay in front of him.

"Honestly, Sig, you think I wouldn't find out?"
"Somehow I knew. But I didn't think you'd tell me you knew." he spoke. "What do you plan on doing now? Telling Suns? I considered any chance of us happening over as soon as that pearl got out. Voids, what would they think of me if they read it..."

"Oh, I probably won't send them the pearl data." she shrugged.
"You- You won't??" he looked surprised. "No I won't. but, this is much more amusing now that i've got confirmation. So, when did you plan on fessing up?"

"Never."
"WHAT!? What in ancients name do you mean, 'never', how do you expect to do anything with that attitude??" she immidiately reprimanded.

"I don't want to ruin our relationship, UI." He kept his gaze away from her hologram. She crossed her arms. "Sig, the worst they can do is say 'no'"

"Or pull a Pebbles and go silent on me. Five Pebbles isn't the first to do that, and I doubt he's the last." Sig sighed. "You're overthinking this, Harassment. Just bite the bullet and say it, you'll feel better no matter what."

"Are you encouraging me to tell Suns that I think of them so dearly?.."
"Look, this is the most interesting thing that's happened in cycles, I just want something to happen."
"So this is one big amusement fest for you, then."
"precisely. So will you do it or am I going to have to send all my overseers to camp out in your can?"

No Significant Harassment rolled his eyes and mumbled.
"I'll do it in the next few cycles...not because of you, or the pearl, but because it's exhausting to keep on my chest.."

"Thats more spirit than i've seen anywhere else, good luck, Sig!" She waved lightly before her overseer shot back into the ground and darted through the wall.

Sig heaved.
Am I going to regret this?

\\\

Chapter closed

(477 words)