《 Cycle 6 - "A hard pill to swallow"》

Omg im almost done with this ^_^ eek enjoy, nearing the final chapter soon!!!

///

No Significant Harassment choked, closing off all of their communications.
This was a mistake, this was an awful.. Awful mistake.

A live message request brought Harassment's attention up. Sig immidiately ignored it. "No- no, dismiss. I'm not―.. I'm not taking chances."

Before he could finish, the request became forced.

"Harassment, Why did you leave? You were doing fine. You can't spend your existence being afraid, You need to tell Suns." Unparalleled Innocence told him.

"Please, Innocence, let me think about this."

"Because letting iterators think about their situation has yielded such good results, right?" Innocence gave a snarl.
"Just tell them, Sig!"
"I just, can't, right now, okay Innocence, I don't..."

"Why are you so scared of Suns?!?"

"I DON'T WANT SUNS TO HATE ME!"
He shreiked.
"I can't.. Fathom, a world where Suns hates me. All I want is for us to be close, okay?"

...
A moment of silence passed.

"...Okay, Sig."

The green iterator turned slightly.
"..What?"
"I said okay. If you want to wait, then fine. Wait all you want. I thought maybe you'd feel better if you finally told Suns." she spoke. "But I get its scary, you're putting what you have with them on the line."

Sig turned back from the screen.
"...yknow, Suns will likely find out, one way or another, about how you feel. I hope you'll tell them before they find out."

Sig spoke no words.
Unparalleled Innocence gave a sharp huff and glanced away.

"Good day, No Significant Harrassment. I hope you eventually become closer with Suns."

Suddenly, it was quiet again.
The hum of his chamber engulfed him.

He sighed, the pleasant silence allowing him to understand the circumstances of his situation. Suns knew something was wrong, now, and, despite eventually dropping the conversation after one said they were fine enough times, Sig knew that they would think otherwise for a long, long time.

Finally, he began working a plan together. Or, rather, making plans and then listing off how each would turn out.

He could isolate himself and hope Suns will have forgotton about what could've been up?
No, absolutely not, Five Pebbles isolating himself was clearly enough isolation.

He could tell Innocence to convince Suns that he had absolutely nothing to say?
No, she wouldn't do that, she wouldn't even tell Suns herself.

He could.. Act like nothing happened??

..no, hes horrible at acting normal when things like this come up.

He blinked and looked up at his chamber ceiling.

He could do exactly what she said, or he could hide himself.
Those were his real options, and everything else was either fitting into one category or the other.

Harassment watched as a pearl drifted by him. A quick blink told him it was blank.

He grabbed it and began to write on it.

"This will either be the best thing i've ever done.. Or the worst mistake of my life.. Right next to accidentally ruining my slugcat's genome and giving it rot.. Not proud of that one.."

He shifted and took a second.
"Today, i'm finally doing it. I'm telling Suns the.. Thing I thought i'd never say. And this pearl right here, marks the turning point of my existance."

Carefully, Sig encoded the pearl, tagged it as something to keep, and let it drift back through his chamber to his other pearls.

Tapping on his monitor, he finally watched as the screen read:
Currently signalling iterator_SEVENREDSUNS

Moments of silence passed, before Suns quickly answered.
"Harassment! I thought you were mad at me for a moment." They mumbled. "What did you contact me for, though?"

"Seven Red Suns, I love you."
Harassment spoke sharply, and as fast as possible so he couldn't do anything to stop himself.
\\\

(chapter closed.)
637 words