𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖳𝖺𝗅𝗄 𝗂𝗇 𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖲𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉, 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖪𝗇𝗈𝗐

~

My mouth feels dry and pasty. I open my eyes.

"SHIT!" I whisper-shout. I didn't mean to fall asleep! Ma is gonna be so mad...

Shooting up in the bed, I clumsily grab for my chucks from the floor.

Before I can grasp the left one, something pulls me back.

"Wotcha doin', love?" His voice is raspy from sleep, making my insides melt into a puddle of goo. Hobie tugs at my hand again, causing me to fall back onto the mattress beside him. One eye open, he gives me a lazy smile.

I totally lose my train of thought, instead blurting out "You talk in your sleep, you know."

That snaps him to attention. "Eh? What'd I say? Nuthink bad, I 'ope."

"Nah, just something about showering with the pope."

"Fuckin' WHAT?"

"Just gabbing, you wanker. All you said was 'come in, come in' and gestured towards me." I make sure to do an overexaggerated version of his accent while doing the 'come here' motion he had done. "Dream, maybe?"

His eyes widen after I recount what he had said. "Yeah, a dream. Sure."

Oh, ok. So definitely NOT a dream, then. He's hot, but bad at lying.

"Anyways, to answer your former question, I'm getting up to put my shoes on because I didn't mean to fall asleep. Mal is gonna beat my ass with her gucci sandal, man!" I resume putting my shoes on, back to him. His presence behind me keeps me alert. So hard to stay calm when he's so close.

"Kinky." is all he says before flopping back against the pillows.

"The least you can do is walk me out, fam." By now I'm standing in the doorway, readying to depart.

"Sure thing." Hobie rises from the bed, cracking his back as he does so. Reaching for a shirt, he-

Wait. Reaching for a shirt? Why? Why does he need anoth-

"When the fuck did you become shirtless? Am I remembering the night correctly?" Panic rises in my voice. Surely we didn't-

"Calm ya tits, Desperate Housewives. Slipped my shirt off after you fell asleep, 'cause I hate sleeping in shirts. Restricts movement. Love 'at ya mind went there, though. You must really want me." He shoots a wink in my direction before continuing to slip his shirt back over his head.

OK, cockhead.

"Wait- You knew I fell asleep? And you LET me? You didn't think to wake me up or something, asshole?" I groan, rubbing circles over my aching temples. Bro is driving me bonkers.

"Cool it wit' the pet names, I'm blushin'." Grabbing me by the shoulders, Hobie leads me out of the room, back to the couch, where he hands me my bag. "For someone so eager to leave, you sure don't stop runnin' that pretty little mouth of yours."

"Stop being so flirty, it makes it harder to be mad at you."

"That was my intention, darlin'.

"Whatever. I'm not done with you!" I threaten, stepping through the window, onto the wire fire escape.

"Excited to see how you punish me next time we see each other." He calls, strolling back in the direction of his room.

Fucking-

I scream a bunch of vulgarities into the passing wind. Gotta blow off steam somehow, right?

After finding a quiet alleyway, I pull up a portal to my Earth.