𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸-𝖮𝖭𝖤: 𝖨𝗍'𝗌 𝖳𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝖨 𝖳𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁, 𝖬𝗂𝗃𝖺

~

Hobie's POV:

There she was.

Sprawled across two bean bags, head knocked back in exhaustion. Headphones over her ears, she sat there, staring at the wall, pale faced.

She doesn't even notice Pavitr and I as we approach her.

"n/n?" Pavitr mutters, before sitting on the bean bag opposite to her.

"She can't hear you, her headphones are noise canceling."

"Oh." His eyes travel over her face. "Her skin looks so much lighter than her usual colouring..."

I only hum in reply, before sitting on the bean bag on the other side of y/n. I spin so that her back is facing me, and gently leaned her back against my chest. She's so cold.

Wrapping my arms around her torso, I feel her flinch a bit, though she doesn't push me off. Gently, I slip the headphones from her ears. I press one earpiece to the side of my head to listen.

Everlong by Foo Fighters.

"Music calms me down." I look down at her face. She doesn't meet my eyes, still staring into space. Shrugging in my arms, she continues. "His voice is nice with headphones on."

I chuckle a bit at that, relieved. Such a y/n thing to say.

"What happened, sugar?" I note she's put my jumper back on. I'm absolutely weak for her.

She sighs, leaning her head back onto my shoulder. "Everything." Holy shit, she smells divine. I inhale her, not even trying to hide it.

"What can we do?" Pavitr questions, hands on her knees, rubbing circles.

"You can see Miguel with me." She winces at his name, her nose scrunching slightly. "Noir tried getting me to go before but... I didn't want to go without you. After this morning..." She trails off, closing her eyes.

'This morning?' Pav mouths, eyebrow quirked in question.

I gesture flippantly in response. 'I'll tell you later.'

"How are you feeling? You look..."

"Deathly?" y/n groans. "I know. Travelling from dimension to dimension is getting worse."

"That's not normal." Pavitr points out. "You've done it enough times now."

"Noir said the same thing. That's another one of the things he wants me to speak to Miguel about."

"I know you don't want to see 'im, but we should probably head down now, love." I say quietly in her ear, slipping her headphones around her neck.

With a long sigh, she gets up from my arms, stretching. Dizzy, she starts swaying.

"Woah, there." I spring to my feet, steadying her against my hip. She melts to my side immediately. Even without trying, she never fails to make me quiver, bro.

Pavitr and I on either side of her, we walk her to the elevator.

~

"y/n."

"Miguel."

"Noir debriefed me on the situation." The hero, Slutty Stone Cheeks, turns to face the three of us. "We need to get to the bottom of this. All of it." He growls.

"This isn't good..." She groans, face buried in my shoulder.

Miguel raises his eyebrow at me in question. I stare back, blank faced.