Home (Pedro's POV)

One of the many things that Pedro loved about being with Alessandra was getting to come home to her after a long day at work. They didn't live together but they often stayed over each other's place. They enjoyed the exciting niche of casual domestic intimacy, of sleepovers and shared breakfasts, of leaving traces of themselves in one another's homes. When she was able to spend the night at his house Pedro was secretly thrilled. He loved having Alessandra in his house, loved her company and the sweet ways she brought life and light to his dull, mundane surroundings. Just her presence was enough to comfort any uneasiness in Pedro's soul; his surly disposition would instantly soften when he saw her face and the pent up aggression within his body would melt away.

Pedro wanted her to feel comfortable at his house and it hadn't taken long for him to accommodate her needs. He took it upon himself to go shopping and bought her the makeup wipes she liked, a toothbrush, the same shampoo and conditioner and body wash that he noticed in her own apartment. He didn't tell her beforehand, didn't want to make a big deal out of it. He just wanted her to feel at home.

"There's shampoo and stuff in there," Pedro had mumbled casually when she went to take a shower that night. Afterwards Alessandra had come out of the bathroom wearing only a towel, smelling like the body wash he brought, and kissed him deeply.

"You're the best," she had murmured silkily against his lips. A giddy sense of pride had swelled in Pedro's chest, a small sense of relief at the confirmation that he had done well.

Pedro occasionally grumbled about the mess Alessandra sometimes left around the house, but he secretly enjoyed seeing the evidence of her visits. He liked finding a random bottle of nail polish on his kitchen table, forgotten hair ties in the bathroom, a stray sock and underwear strewn on his bedroom floor. He loved the way her scent clung to the bedsheets and to the shirt she often stole from his closet to wear herself. He loved seeing her sprawled out on his couch with her feet in his lap, passionately detailing the latest drama playing out in her friendship circle. The couch and bed seemed so empty when she was gone.

Today Pedro arrived home at 6.30pm, fatigue settling into his bones as soon as he walked through the threshold of his house. It was Saturday but the looming deadline on a large piece of furniture forced him to work late that day. He didn't bother to remove his work boots before he shuffled down the hallway and into the living room.

"Hey Papi," Alessandra called out from the kitchen at the sound of his return. She had stayed over last night and spent a few hours in Westor with Anna while Pedro was working. Flynn had a spare key to check in on Tuddy for her incase she ended up spending the whole weekend with Pedro. He was a good friend, Pedro knew, and someone he had come to develop a small affection for.

Pedro followed the sound of her voice and found her at the sink washing dishes, her hands plunged into the sink filled with soapy water. She wore a sweater and had the sleeves bunched up to her elbows. No make up. A strand of hair fell on her face when she smiled at him and a lust filled joy fluttered in his heart. She looks so damn sweet. He stepped towards her side and planted a kiss on her cheek, the scruff of his beard brushing against her skin. She giggled a little.

"Hey baby," Pedro murmured. He settled his hands on her hips and nuzzled into her hair, making her stiffen a little with bashfulness. She still felt shy with him at times and he loved it, loved the way she couldn't meet his gaze, the little shuffle she would do, her cheeks turning pink, her ability to speak confidently abandoning her.

"So good to see your pretty face after the day I had," he said with a husky sigh. Pedro planted a closed kiss against her temple and pressed closer to her body to inhale her sweet scent.

"Do I smell okay?" Alessandra asked playfully. "I haven't showered yet." She didn't look at him as she continued to wash the remaining few plates that had piled up in the kitchen over the last few days, a glaring chore that Pedro hadn't had the energy to deal with. He truly appreciated her gesture of kindness.