。:*•.─── 𝟮 : 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 ───.•*:。

2 MONTHS LATER

⋘ » ♕ « ⋙

"𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃, 𝐈 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓,"

Hobie snatched the watch from his hand and tossed it away, stepping back into the portal that led him back to his universe. Led him back to you.

Swearing off the Spider-Society felt as though a large weight was pushed off his shoulders. It was the main reason for conflict between him and you. He hated it, but he had to. 

At least for your sake, if not for his.

Miguel had explained to Miles how every Spider-person's life is entangled with each other and certain canon events for everyone shouldn't be broken or meddled with. 

When Hobie's canon event was displayed along with others, there was one particular one that made his heart drop to his stomach: You were plummeting to your death, reaching out an arm at him in utter fear. Hobie had leaped off a platform, shooting his web at you to pull you to safety.

Hobie hoped it wasn't what he hoped.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

You were at Mrs. Chen's convenience store, throwing a bunch of chocolates for the symbiote within you to dine as it listed everything it wanted. 

"More chocolates, Y/N!" Venom clamored, "You've got to make up for all the useless brains of the criminals you didn't let me feast on,"

"Fine! Fine!" you groaned, sweeping more packages of confectionaries into the basket in hand.

A man nearby gave you a weird look, wondering why on Earth you were arguing with yourself. You gave him a fake smile, moving to the next aisle swiftly. 

If he had a symbiote, he'd know the struggle.

The bells chimed when the door swung open. You saw Hobie scanning the shop, waving at Mrs. Chen in greeting. His eyes brightened when he found you in the meat section. 

"So, that's your boyfriend?" Venom asked in curiosity.

"It's complicated," you replied, "And he doesn't know about you, so shut it,"

The thing was, you didn't know how to bring it up and talk about the symbiote situation. Partly because of the tension and relationship at stake and partly due to the risks it came with. Being Spiderman was enough burden for Hobie.

"Why not? I'd love to meet him. Wait, are you ashamed of me?"

"A bit," you admitted. 

"Well, touché," Venom agreed.

"Hey there, beautiful," Hobie leaned on the pillar beside you with a charming smile.

"Hi," you gave him a quick smile, turning away so that he wouldn't notice the effect his words had on you.