。:*•.─── 𝟭 : 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒚𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 ───.•*:。

⋘ » ♕ « ⋙

⋘ » ♕ « ⋙

"𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐔𝐏, 𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐄. 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐔𝐏. 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐍 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄..."

You muttered under your breath over and over again, praying that he'd somehow hear your pleas from across the city. When the line went dead on the other end, you declined the call with a pained sigh.

When you'd first started seeing Hobie, you'd been forewarned by himself and some of his friends of his tendencies. habits

But you never thought much of it. So what if he ghosted everyone a bit? Sometimes, the world got too much for you too. So what if he disappeared without any word? He liked his personal space. So what if he would randomly show up bruised from head to toe? Those protests and rallies weren't exactly sociable.

You didn't think it would come and bite you in the ass one day. Not once.

But then you had a breakdown one night. Tonight

And you'd wanted nothing more than his comforting embrace wrapping you up, his deep soothing voice calming your nerves. The one that chased away the negativity eating at your mind.

But Hobie was long gone, nowhere to be seen.

And now here you were, bleeding out on your carpet as you pressed your bloody palm against the bullet shot in your abdomen, dialing Hobie's number once again.

You and Hobie were engrossed in a hot argument, both of you unwilling to back down.

"I don't see why this is a problem!" Hobie raised his voice at you, "You've always taken it like a champ. Sounds like you're just jealous all of a sudden,"

"I'm not jealous," you lied through your teeth, "And this is not the first time this is happening. I'm just tired of the fact that you forget all about me when there's another woman and just leave me there. Like you forget my existence altogether,"

You and Hobie decided to hit the bar down the street to cool off a bit when a woman began to hit on him, saying that she was a friend of one of his bandmates, and began to get handsy. Hobie didn't stop her, instead, played along, enjoying the attention he got.

You glared so hard at the drink in your hand that it was a miracle it didn't explode.

Sure, you and Hobie were inseparable, but as time passed and feelings sprouted things began to change.

When you and Hobie decided on a friends-with-benefits tie, given how much tension was seeping whenever you both were in the same room, you had been willing to put up with it. To hide your rising feelings for the Spider-Punk.

No labels? Sure, no problem. You understood, that they were distressing and made you obligated to the other person. You pretty much shared similar views when it came to commitment. Your trust issues never let you open your heart to anyone.