Ch 1: Birth, Life, and Death

a/n: So as I write this story, I am not gonna retell the past that Aqua had, I want to focus more on the present life. So I'm going to hope most of those reading this story already have a good idea of what the deal with Aqua's first life was. The story will be picked up from his birth. Thank you, and let's begin!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown pov

Maybe death isn't always as bad as it seems. At first it's cold, like a winter filled with snow, as if you're standing outside bare naked. You feel like all noise around you is fading and you're being pulled into sleep, as if you're so exhausted you ran a marathon.

Eventually, I started to feel a warmth, like the sun shining it's warm rays across a field of a thousand daisies, or maybe an embrace you've needed for a long time. And then...there was light.

My name is Aquamarine Hoshino, and me and my twin sister Ruby Hoshino have just been born. But I seem to remember my memories of my past life. Of course as anyone in such a situation, I would be confused as to how this happened. But in this unique case, I couldn't care less, because now, I am the son of the idol I loved... Ai Hoshino.

(Time skip - few years later)

I am now 4 years old, along with my twin sister, living with our mother Ai. I have come to learn about many things, one being that Ai, is a liar...and that most of her work that she does, or has done, has been built upon lies.

I have also come to learn that Ruby, just like me, has memories of her past life. Of course I don't really care about who she was before because it has nothing to do with now, so I haven't pryed much into it. I have also learned that Ai, may not be the best mother in the world, but she tries her best, so I love her for her efforts.

Of course there have been times that we've seen even an Idol like Ai struggle to make an earning. Work seems to come hard in the industry she works in. The manager of strawberry productions does seem to work really hard though, to try and make sure Ai can provide for us, but also so that our secret doesn't come out.

I've watched almost all of Ai's performances, and to say the least, I've only fallen in love with her even more. Although, if anyone loves Ai more than me, it would have to be Ruby. She would through tantrums if she missed even one of Ai's performances. So of course I record them all so she can watch them again.

I have come to enjoy my current life, being the son of the idol I once adored. If course there were time I regretted having my 30 year old mindset, such as when I had to be fed. I picked up my bottle a lot earlier than most children, maybe because I still had some dignity.

Life has been good though, we would have fun, I would get to watch my favorite idol up close and grow into someone even more famous. I didn't care about what lies she would say, I had a loving family, a happy life... I couldn't ask for anything more.

(Time skip - few months)

Time flew by, and me and Ruby had started going to school. Many people would give me weird looks, mainly because I was too smart for my age. Of course I wasn't really bothered by it.

Ai had recently gotten an offer to act in a movie. This movie would lead up to be my first time ever meeting him... The director. Ai had decided it would be good for us to come along with her as she did the movie shoots, so we had tagged along.

It was here that I met the director, he was an intresting man. He saw lots of potential in me too, or maybe he was just intrigued by my creepiness that other people sought strange. The director had even asked me to play a role in a movie along side the famous child actress Kana Arima.

I decided to do it, even though I had a lack of interest in being an actor. I only had one reason for doing it, being he offered to give Ai more jobs. How could I turn it down. Turned out, I acted exactly how he wanted me to. The director had loved my acting entirely, but if anything it was Ruby's excitement of me being in a movie that was greater than anything.

(Time skip - a few more months later...)

Things had been good. Ai was getting work, me and Ruby were enjoying our lives as her children, and even the director had been convinced I would make a great actor some day.

Of course, everything good never lasts. That fateful day has come that all our happiness would start going downhill. No one could've predicted it. It was the day I changed, maybe for the worse.

I had woken up to the sound of the doorbell that day, it had seemed someone had come to see Ai. Of course by the time I reached the door between the main entrance and the living room, I heard the fearsome words.

"How dare you have children, How dare you be able to live a happy life, how dare you feed us lies of your love."

I heard, I watched, I blanked. I couldn't believe the gruesome sight that laid before me. I watched as Ai, my mother, got stabbed. But in the end, even through the lies, she showed the killer love and compassion. It was who she was, she loved her fans dearly.

The bleeding got worse. I was angered at my ability to do nothing even tho I am a doctor. In the end I only stayed by Ai's side, keeping the door shut as I heard Ruby crying, begging to let her in. I couldn't, I couldn't allow her to watch Ai bleed out to death. I could feel the warmth that escaped Ainas her body slowly went cold.

In the end ... She knew she wouldn't make it.

She smiled ... Not the usual bright smile she wore during a performance.

She didn't cry

She only smiled

Her hand rested on me

I listened to her call our names

Maybe even for the last time ever

And then she said it......

The words I thought I'd never hear....

"I love you"

And with that her body went cold, eyes dark. She had lost her life. Ai, the popular idol, my mother.... Had died.