Ch 3: Dating show & Dark Feelings

a/n: Hey everyone, first I would like to apologize for the log wait of me releasing the chapter, but I finally did it. 2.5k words!!! It's a long chapter, longest I've ever written so I hope you all enjoy the chapter. So here you go!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Aqua pov

It's been a couple of weeks now since I was offered the job of acting in the show, Sweet today. Getting close to the producer has proven to be quite helpful for me to achieve my goals. Of course I have Kana Arima to thank.

In the course of the acting period I managed to get a chance to experience Arima's acting, and to say the least, she has real talent. It's no wonder that they call her a child genius.

In order to learn more about my mother's past, I made a deal with the producer. I would have to act in a reality dating show. As much as I hated the idea, it is a means to an end, so I agreed.

Ruby pov

I have been surprised at all the acting my brother has been doing lately. But I feel good, maybe he is finally healing from the past we faced together. It's also good that the idol group now has a new member.

I have appreciated Kana's insights in the film Industry, helping me learn more and grow into an even better idol. Of course we have begun our start on searching for a third member so we can finally be official.

Today was a very calm day, since me and Kana didn't really have much to do. We were at the studio, discussing how we can balance our school and work lives to make sure one or the other doesn't go down hill.

When we thought we had a peaceful day to ourselves, Miyako had barged in telling us to take a look at something. We didn't understand what could've been so important to make a ruckus about until we saw it with our own eyes.

Here I was looking at the trailer video of a dating show. But that's not what bewildered me at the least. My thoughts were rushing to so many conclusions at once that I couldn't keep up. My brother was on this show?!

Of course before I could question anything Kana had yelled out what she was already thinking about, "WHY IS AQUA ON A SHOW LIKE THAT?!", and to be fair and honest, I was just as confused.

I was trying to make sense of things, I had so many different emotions coming to me at once. On one hand I thought this was a joke, on another hand I was shocked, angry, sad, confused. Of course all of these emotions had been painted on Kana's face as clear as day too.

I breath out a sigh. It was something out of my hands now, there was no use questioning it. The least I could do was support my brother. I turned towards Kana, who looked like she wanted to tell some more, and convinced her to watch the first episode. In my head, I was hoping to find some answer through it.

I had opened the laptop, and started playing the first episode. It took a bit before my brother appeared on screen. But of course, the questions I wanted answered, didn't get answered. Instead I had a million more new questions after seeing the facade my brother has put on.

My brother is a loner to say the least. He's broody, always looks depressed, boring, and gloomy. The type of guy to stay in his room all day. And I'm looking at my brother, with a sparkling personality. He was acting like he lived to talk, and like he was excited about every little thing.

I couldn't believe my own eyes. My own brother was acting the exact opposite of what I was use to. In fact I think even Kana had caught on, because she had utter shock plastered on her face.