Ch 2: Life, Idols, and Acting

Aqua pov

"Ruby hurry up, you don't want to be late on our first day now do you!"

I yelled at my sister Ruby, awaiting her response of cries of her almost being done. It's been a few years since our mother died, and we've been living with Miyako, who has been taking care of us as our own mother.

Me and Ruby are now First years in high school and have different things planned for the future. Ruby has been dead focused on falling down Ai's footsteps to become an idol herself. As much as I hate the idea, she's dead set. Me on the other hand, I've been dead set on bringing down the man who murdered Ai... Our father.

I've been closer to the director now ever since my mother's death. He's been like my mentor in a manner of speaking. I've learned much more about the film Industry, trying to find ways to get closer to the man who is my father.

The director is the only person who knows the truth about what happened that night. He also urges me to go into acting saying it'll be good for me, and that I would make a good actor.

"I have no talent", I uttered those words swiftly, making his face gloom even more. And here I thought he already looked sad and depressed. He started lecturing me on dreams and aspirations. But in reality I only had one dream. To KILL my father.

While I was busy with all my revenge work, Ruby was living her life well. She was still upset about mother's loss, but I could tell she was moving on as best she could.

(Time skip - a few moments later)

We had finally reached the school. I had signed up for Gen Ed, while Ruby had signed up for the performing arts department. We also met a young, deep red haired girl, soft features of the face. And she looked at me, with these eyes of longing and desperation, like as if I was some one who she thought had died long ago.

"Aqua...?", She said my name, letting that same feeling that was bestowed upon her face, longer in the atmosphere of the room for all of us to take in. All by saying a single word.

I had learned her name was Kana Arima. The child actor I had once worked with in a film while I was little. Apparently she had been in hopes that I was still acting, of course I was quick to let her know that I wasn't. After I told her that, her expression quickly sadned.

(Time skip - brought to you by aqua wearing a maid dress)

Me and Ruby had been attending school for a while now. Ruby had made some friends, and infact even managed to recruit Kana Arima, to join the new Idol group that was being out together by strawberry productions.

As much as I hated the idea of Ruby becoming an Idol. As long as she was within the family business I was alright with it-

"You're such a siscon precocious", the director interrupted my thoughts with those blasphemous words. It's like everyone always jumps to that conclusion when all I'm trying to do is look out for my sister.

Of course this time Kana Arima was present in the room too, as she insisted to catch on old times with me. And if anything I hated how she kept pushing to try and get me to act again.

At dinner time she brought the name of the series she was acting in and how they needed someone to play the role of the villain. At first I gave my usual response and decided not to act in it. But after she mentioned the name of the producer involved.

"I'll do it!", I said abruptly. For me this was a chance to get even closer to the man who killed Ai. So I didn't care what I had to do. Of course it took the director by surprise, but was happy I took the offer.

Upon reaching home, Miyako and Ruby were probably the most surprised upon hearing the news that I would be on TV. Of course Ruby was happy, because she remembered something 'Mama' had said.

"Hey Aqua, remember how 'Mama' said it would be great if I became and Idol and you became an Actor!", Of course I remember. But for me, this wasn't about that. That dream died a long with Ai. For me It wasn't Important as to what I do. As long as I can avenge Ai, I don't care what the consequences are.

And with that, I had become an actor once more, opening a new chapter in my life...