Chapter Four: A Lesson

"Can you two get a little closer?" a staff member asks. Sunghoon moves a little closer to Jake and looks back up at the staff. They nod their head and give a thumbs up.

"Okay. 3...2...1" The picture is taken and then they are allowed to leave the practice room.

"I'm still having trouble with that one part." Jake complains.

"Which one?" Ni-ki asks. Jake stops and demonstrates. Ni-ki stops him and adjusts his arms a bit.

"You need to move your shoulder more, that's why you look stiff." Ni-ki explains. Jake and Sunoo both copy Ni-ki's example.

"Dance practice in the hallway instead of in the practice room we just left." Heeseung jokes.

"Actually, Sunoo and Sunghoon, can I see you two for a second?" One of the staff members asks. Sunghoon and Sunoo make eye contact before reluctantly following the staff member back into the practice room. They are instructed to take a seat and do as they're told.

"As you already know, we're filming the last stage tomorrow with the cover song." Dohyun says, taking a seat in front of them. Other staff members were leaving, and some were cleaning the room. Sunghoon nods.

"The company is asking for some stage interactions for a behind-the-scenes video." He says.

"Okay...like what?" Sunoo asks, voicing both of their thoughts.

"I'm not entirely sure, just try to be close to each other a lot. I can't tell you how to do it or it will be obviously forced. Just...try to naturally gravitate towards each other." Dohyun says. Sunoo sighs and stands to his feet.

"How can you ask us to 'act natural'. Those words are polar opposites. You can't pretend to be real. It's like asking a turtle to pretend it can fly! We'll just be natural, and if that means the fans aren't satisfied, then oh well. I joined this company to pursue my dream, not to become an actor to satisfy fake fans!" Sunoo growls. Sunghoon and Dohyun stare at him.

"I know I said I was fine, and I am...but let's not call it acting. That's not what it is. Let's just be who we are. Friends who admire each other." Sunoo says, quieter this time. Sunghoon nodded with a smile, not bothering to look for Dohyun's reaction. Sunoo suddenly reached down and grabbed Sunghoon's hand, pulling him towards the door.

"We'll do our best, sir." Sunoo bows and then swings the door open, pushing Sunghoon out into the hallway. Sunghoon waits until they are exiting the elevator to speak.

"You admire me?" he asks. He decided to keep quiet about Sunoo's flushed cheeks.

"Of course I do. You're a very admirable person." Sunoo says quietly.

"Why?"

Sunoo stops suddenly which makes Sunghoon pause as well. Sunoo simply stares at Sunghoon for several seconds, making the other nervous. Sunoo reaches for Sunghoon's shaky hand but stops himself. Sunghoon notices.