two

i don't know what lead him to make the request and hopping in my car. i also don't know what lead me to give him the ride to the building, but i still did. the ride was only quiet whenever the male wasn't giving directions.

i get tired with most things easily, but the silence almost made me run onto the sidewalk. "what's your name anyway?" i asked, looking at the teen from the corner of my eye. my right hand laid near the bottom of the wheel as my left elbow leaned on the armrest to support my head.

"higashikata josuke. but you can just call me jojo. what about you?"

"l/n y/n."

"l/n? sounds foreign. what country are you from?"

"it's small. you've never heard of it."

"cool."

the awkward silence set in once again, engulfing the inside car with what felt like a fluffy pillow. a feeling i'm sure no one likes. to honor the death of the conversation, i decided to turn on the radio.

a soft jingle broke the air and it hopefully broke the atmosphere. "good morning, morioh! this is morioh radio. as always, i'm your host and neighbor, kai harada, and i'll be here with you for all of this morning." the announcer spoke with a cheery tone. gross.

"though our weather may not be as brightest as it had been the past few months, the news has said that it should pick back up in the next several days!" fuck. it gets brighter than this? i'm gonna go blind before my job is over.

after going over the forecast for the rest of the week, my attention went back to the radio. "speaking of dark days, there used to be a legend that every hundred years, demons crawl out of the depths of hell to take someone of their choice for who knows what!"

kai didn't speak until a few beats later, but it gave me enough time to roll my eyes in annoyance. "but of course that's just a legend to scare kids into acting on their best behavior!" it better be.

the more the man continued to talk the closer josuke and i came towards the school. it didn't take to long for the car to the front gates of the school. there weren't as many students going inside as i saw on their way to the building which i chalked up to them being inside now.

josuke hopped out of the car when i pulled the car to a full stop. he then turned and began leaning onto the car door as he looked at me. "i'll see you around, yeah?"

i nodded as i lifted my foot of the brake. as i did, the pompadour wearing teen raised his arm up and did a salute with his middle and index finger.

i directed the car out of the parking lot and onto the main road. now came the part of directing myself to the villa. i hadn't given a second thought to the directions josuke had given me so i couldn't direct myself back there even if i wanted to.

swallowing my pride, i made a u-turn and pulled into the same spot. i open the door and look around for the pompadour adorned teen. there wasn't a need to yell out and call attention to myself.

my pace quickened itself as i caught sight of him. "jojo," i say while placing a hand on his shoulder. "i got one last question."

this made the male looked back at me. his eyebrow lifted while he tilted his head. "yeah? what is it?"

"do you happen to know where northeast section of morioh is? the villas, specifically." i ask while cocking an eyebrow. josuke did the same as he turned fully in my direction. "who are you visiting up there? there's no way you could afford those all by yourself."

i shrug and shake my head. "my brother got it for me, i'm not gonna have it for that long. only for the school year, maybe the next if this one goes well." josuke's eyebrows furrowed while his lips pursed. "woah! your family is rich?" he asked in astonishment, he looked like he was trying to form a plan.

"i'm not sure honestly. i don't really do anything to help out around the house. all i did was sleep. i was more like a pet with no emotional attachment." my answer could be taken out of context, but it was the truth.

josuke squinted as if he were trying to analyze something. "so.. if you're just gonna stay in your room if you're not in school.. why would he get you a villa..?"

"because my brothers is greedy and he says he and my siblings might visit at points."

"so your family is rich and sociable while-"

"look hun. i'm sure your class is about to start soon and i want to unpack my shit. just answer the question and i'll answer your questions tomorrow. as an extra bonus, i'll even treat you to some lunch."

the teen looked taken aback by me snapping at him. "fine, fine. who got your panties in a twist," he mumbled under his breath. his directions were easy to remember and with a thankful nod, i wave him off.

this time it was my turn to murmur.

"who's got my panties in a twist? the person who's about to fix your entire goddamn life, that's who."