Surprising truth

"What was up with me yesterday? Was it the lack of nutrition..?" I whispered to myself. "Sir," shoot! I forgot An-Yeong was next to me! "What are you muttering to yourself about?" Cold sweat dripped down all the way to my neck. "No-nothing.. Just, haha, enjoying my.. life..." I looked to my side, seeing my reflection in the mirror. All my scars and bruises from the abuse were clearly shown, and I got so skinny my bones were popping out! "I see. Tell me.. If you need any help with love," An-Yeong snickered at the last part. "I'll help you figure out your feelings for the boy you've been talking to these past few days."

.

For me, it was like time had paused. An-Yeong used to be a psychic before she worked for my mother. Though, her job paid horribly, and she had to loan money. She never paid off the loan, though, and that's how she came here. She always knew what I was up to these past 18 years of my life, but how come today is so shocking? "I.." An-Yeong cut me off. "You do know that Soo-Miya is a homophobe right? So is your brother. I know, since they never supported me being a woman." I let out a heavy sigh, looking An-Yeong in the eyes. "I like this boy named Song-Min. We met only 2 days ago, but it feels like I've known him forever." She smiled, chuckling a bit. "When I dated Yin-Ling the first time she came to Korea, I felt the same way."

.

.

An-Yeong gasped. "Sir-" "HUH? WHAT?! HOW COME I NEVER HEARD OF THIS?! I GOTTA TALK TO MS. YIN-LING!" An-Yeong gripped my shoulders. "Sir, it's Saturday.." I gripped her shoulder back, rocking her. "YOU. SHOULD. HAVE. TOLD. ME. SOONERR!!" An-Yeong couldn't keep her compouser and fell to the ground. I dropped to the ground. "Explain, will you?" She sighed, rubbing her head. "It started when I was buying this new dress from my local thrift shop when I saw her and the cashier somewhat.. Arguing. It occured to me later on that she had just came from Guangzhou. She didn't know how to speak the language, so I had to be her translator. When she finally learned Korean, she used it to confess to me.." An-Yeong let out a bittersweet smile at the end. "Annie?" I called her by her nickname to make her feel better. "Aha.. Hearing you call me by my nickname gives me so much strength.." She wiped away her tears. "But then she got a teaching job here in Seoul. A measly maid like me wasn't allowed to go anywhere except to go buy groceries or clothes. Even though our house is near your high school, I am not permitted to see my love. With the long distance in our way, and the lack of technology for I, we stopped dating."

'Holy shit. Now that was sad.' "Damn, I never knew.." An-Yeong laughed softly. "I didn't want to tell you, since I knew you would tell Ling-Ling. I don't wanna hurt her." I blinked twice. "Well now I'm definitley gonna tell her."

.

.

.

"..EHH?!!"

TBC