ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

When we came back home, we did a fake interview.

He asked Anya couple questions and then went to me.

"If someone tried to hurt you what would you do?"

I thought about it for a second.

"Physically or mentally?"

"Both, but provide an example for each."

"Well, if it's physically, I'd probably pin them down and wait for a teacher or something maybe break a finger or two to discourage them from doing something like that... if mentally, I'd make it my mission to socially destroy them." Is what I would say if I was honest, but I decided to say the nice honor student answer.

"Well, I'd obviously tell the teachers!"

Loid wasn't surprised, and I changed my attention to the hot cocoa Yor made.

It was the best shit I've had the whole time being here.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next day, we went to Eden for the interview.

I was wearing a dark blue plain dress. It had short straps, and was knee length.

We walked, payed our respects to a statue, and went along.

When we reached the guy giving us instructions, he made Anya, Loid, and Yor go to one area, and me to another.

I waved goodbye, and walked towards a place where interviews for older children were being held.

I could tell people were watching me, and the lounge was to let my guard down. 

I had perfect posture, and waited for my name to be called.

When it was my turn, I saw a couple interviewers and a seat.

I sat down and waited for further instruction.

"This is Alice Forger, correct?"

"That is correct."

"Alright, let us start with the interview. First question, how is your relationship with your family?"

"I believe it's fine. We may have our arguments at times, but we work it all out eventually."

"Second question, how would you deal with your younger sister's outbursts?"

"I would calm her down and destabilize the situation."

"Great-" One of the interviewers got a call from someone, and answered. "Hello? Yes, she's here. Oh- alright. Thank you." He looked back at me. "We need you to leave, as your family has caused an outburst."