chapter two

Olivia stood in front of the mirror, admiring her outfit. She wore a pair of pale blue jeans and a black sweater with a pair of white converse. Ollie's room was only four rooms away so she didn't have to leave that early. She had checked out the menu for the hotel's restaurant beforehand, so she had an idea on what she could eat.

Olivia took last glance at herself in the mirror before leaving her room with her phone and a hotel key. She strolled towards Ollie's room. She knocked on it, standing by the closed door. It took a second, but Ollie thankfully opened the door.

"Dieu merci (thank god)! I thought I would have to stand here for another 20 minutes." Olivia smiled. Ollie frowned at her.

"It was not that long." Ollie complained as the two driver's walked towards the elevator. They had 10 minutes till the dinner officially started.

"It was definitely 20 minutes, at least." Olivia pressed the button to call the elevator.

"You are so rude." The elevator arrived and the two stepped in. Ollie pressed the ground floor button and the doors closed.

"Oh shut up." Olivia replied. They stepped off into the lobby and headed towards the restaurant.

"You better sit next to me, I don't want to be stuck talking to the engineers again." Olivia said, remembering last season where she was stuck in a conversation with several of the race engineers who only talk about how they could improve the car.

"Don't worry, I told Bianca to save us seats by her." Ollie replied. Olivia spotted the table quickly. It wasn't hard since it was filled with engineers and crew members, the team principal, managers, and a lone driver at the end of the table. Bianca waved at the two drivers when they walked in. There was an empty chair to her right and one across from that empty chair. They were at the end of the table, against the wall.

"I'm so happy you guys are here. I've been on my phone for the past five minutes cause I had no one to talk to." Bianca exclaimed as they sat down. Ollie sat beside Bianca and Olivia sat across from him.

"Thankfully this idiot didn't take 20 minutes to get ready." Olivia pointed at Ollie.

"Oh my god, it was one time."

"And I won't let it go."

"Alright you two, do you know what you're going to order." Olivia grabbed a menu and glanced over it.

"I'll probably go with the ravioli." Olivia said, making up her mind on her meal. Ollie was about to speak when Olivia's phone started to ring. It was her brother.

"Excuse me for just a minute please." Olivia grabbed her phone and made her way out of the restaurant. She answered the phone and held it to her ear.

"De quoi avez-vous besoin? Je suis en train de dîner. (What do you need? I'm in the middle of dinner)." Olivia spoke into the phone.

"Est-ce que je ne peux pas voir comment va ma sœur préférée? (Can I not see how my favorite sister is doing?)." Lewis's voice was loud.

"Haha, very funny. I'm your only sister. Now what do you need?" Olivia asked again.

"I wanted to wish you good luck this weekend on your race since I won't be there." Lewis said.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. You'll be at my next race though, right?"

"Absolutely."

"Now if you don't mind, I have to get back to dinner before my team principal gets mad." Olivia said.

"Of course, goodbye."

"Bye." Olivia hung up the phone and turned around to walk back into restaurant. She collided with another body.