chapter six

location: Bahrain 🇧🇭

OLIVIA CHANGED INTO a black, tight-fit dress with a pair of black heels. She checked her phone for the third time, but no response from Ollie. Lando would be at her door at any minute. She glanced at her makeup in the mirror, a simple look that seemed natural but highlighted her facial features.

She knew her brother and George wouldn't be there because Mercedes planned their own celebration in honor of their 2-3 podium. She grabbed her phone just as a she heard knocking at the door. Olivia opened it to reveal a dressed-up Lando Norris.

"Daniel is already downstairs. Ready to go?" He asked. Olivia nodded before stepping out of her hotel room.

"How far away is the club?" Olivia asked as they made their way downstairs.

"Maybe a 10 minute drive from here. You are 21, right?" Lando brought up.

"Yes, you idiot. I turned 21 during the summer break. Now, let's get going because I have had an exhausting day." Olivia spotted his car in the parking lot, a black McLaren. Daniel was already sitting the passenger seat, forcing her to sit in the back.

The drive was quick. Olivia could hear the loud music from outside the building. There was a line of people waiting to get in, but Lando just went straight up to the bodyguard.

"We should be on the list." Lando said. The bodyguard looked at clipboard before waving for the three of them to go on through.

Inside the building was loud and crowded. It was overwhelming for Olivia as Lando continued to pushed through the crowd towards the VIP sections. She spotted several drivers sitting around with drinks in their hands along with their girlfriends sitting beside them.

"Lando, mate. Glad you could join us." Carlos Sainz, a Ferrari driver, said, greeting his former teammate with a hug. Olivia leaned close to Daniel.

"I'm going to the bar, I need a drink." She told him, almost having to yell because of the loud music. She saw him nod before he went to greet the other drivers.

AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR, Olivia was sat at the bar with several drivers. Shots of tequila were pushed down the table. Olivia was sat at the bar with Pierre, Carlos, and Checo. The four drivers were passing shots down the table. The bartender set out their fourth round of tequila. Pierre looked like he was about to be sick and Checo, who usually handled alcohol well, seemed to be struggling as well. It was more of a competition between Olivia and Carlos on who could drink more.

"You can always call it quits." Carlos said, downing the shot.

"Not a chance." Olivia replied, following suit. Behind him, Olivia watched Pierre drunkenly push the shot away from himself. Carlos waved the bartender down for another round as Olivia reached for Pierre's shot.

"You are crazy." Pierre muttered, setting his head down on the bar. Olivia tilted her head back and downed the shot, the feeling burning her throat. She tried to control her face as she set the small glass back down. The bartender filled up their two shot glasses before walking away, leaving the almost empty bottle of tequila in front of them.

Carlos and Olivia reached for their shots and downed them. Both trying to keep a straight face. She set the shot glass down and eyed the shot that Checo had left. He had, at some point, left the other three drivers at the bar and disappeared somewhere. Olivia lunged for the shot across the bar and downed it before Carlos could protest.

"Okay, we need to call it quits. Your brother will kill me if I'm the reason you get blackout drunk." Carlos said, taking the now empty shot glass from her hand.