Chapter 25.

Arriving at the next town over, Illuki followed her younger brother and his friends off the train and observes them as they bid goodbye to one another before the two children approached where she stood a few feet behind them. "So, where to?" she glanced down at them, arms crossed under her chest and head tilted slightly to the side.

"You have to ask, Nee-chan? We train, obviously," Killua deadpans at his sister.

"Huh? Train for what? Shouldn't we have fun?" Gon obliviously asked his friend.

"Do you remember what you just said? Think you can punch Hisoka in the face without training? You couldn't land a punch in ten years, let alone six months!" the white-haired boy gave his friend a sarcastic smile that slowly faded as his voice got louder. Behind the duo, the adult with them chuckled at their interaction, a hand covering her mouth as she giggled. She opens her mouth to calm her brother however hears a beep radiating off the woman's figure. The two kids turned their attention to where she stood, curiously watching her as she pulled out her phone and smiles at whatever was on the device.

From: Shalnark
The boss told me you're near Heaven's Arena.
Let's meet so I can treat you for passing the exam!

"Nee-chan, who is it?" Killua asked, standing in front of her with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his shorts. Looking over at the boy, she pockets her phone and ruffles his hair with a large grin.

"A friend of mine wants to meet up. You boys have fun on your adventure, and make sure to stay safe," she advises with a wink, grinning at the way the two of them nodded their heads obediently to her. "Heaven's Arena is nearby, so let's meet there okay~?" she waved goodbye, walking away from them.

Wandering into town after leaving her brother and his friend, the female stares down at her phone momentarily and navigates her way to the heart of the community. "Shal said to meet at the water fountain..," the two-toned-haired woman muttered, glancing at the brick-built water feature with her head tilted to the side, curiously staring at it. "Is this it?" she asked herself, pocketing her phone in the back pocket of her black mom jeans.

"Sure is!" startled by the voice, Illuki jolts, swiftly turning around to face her happy-go-lucky comrade who beamed at her with his hands resting on either side of his hips.

Calming herself from his jump-scare, the Web of the Phantom Troupe narrows her blue eyes at the tall blonde, slapping his arm fairly hard with a scowl. "Don't do that! I could've stabbed you," she scolds motherly, crossing her arms unamusedly at his actions before her rosy lips curled into a bright smile. "But it's great to see you again."

"Sorry. I guess my Zetsu has improved a little," Shalnark chuckles, scratching his nape. "Anyways, there's a cafe nearby. Let's go there," he informs the woman, pointing to the side where the establishment was located.

Giggling, Illuki gestures for him to walk ahead of her. "Lead the way, my good sir~," she playfully jokes, skipping after his tall figure down the bricked pathway with her hands linked behind her, smiling brightly to be around a troupe member after so long.

"How was the exam? Did you like it?" Shalnark asked as they walked side by side to the cafe, his arms swayed by his sides. Beside him, the female clicked her tongue, frowning and complaining about the long waiting she had done throughout the exam and how bored she was during those moments, pouting childishly at the blonde. "My bad...Did anything fun happen at least?" he nervously chuckled, attempting to change the topic.

The Web of the troupe stopped in her tracks causing her comrade to mirror her, she holds her chin in her pointer finger and thumb, thinking back to when she officially met Gon during the third stage of the exam. "It was pretty boring at first...But I did meet some interesting people," she comments, vaguely smiling.

Both troupe members continue their journey to the cafe, approaching the small establishment that was themed in white, pink and blue with an outdoor seating area that was arranged in front of the cafe; umbrellas overhanging each table for shade. Shalnark and Illuki entered the cafe, ordering their drinks and a small pastry for the two-toned-haired woman as a treat for passing the Hunter Exam.

"So, how's it going?" the happy-go-lucky blonde asked, leaning back in his seat and taking a sip of his drink before setting it in front of him on the table. Across from him, Illuki sat with her legs crossed elegantly over the other, a cup of tea and a slice of strawberry shortcake in front of her.

"Oh, you know, monitoring a psychotic clown. Babysitting my little brother and his new friend," the female shrugged her shoulders, sipping her tea and then setting the ceramic cup down on its tiny saucer before lifting the fork and piercing a portion of the shortcake. "I hear everyone decided to split after my leave," she commented with a raised eyebrow, indulging the sweet taste of strawberry.

The younger man gave a curt nod, taking a long sip of his drink and clearing his throat. "That's right. How'd you know?" he responded with a question, an eyebrow raised at the female who smiled innocently at the blonde. "The boss told you, didn't he?" he deadpanned, leaning against the back of the chair, head hung back with a loud sigh.

Giggling at his reaction, Illuki continues to enjoy the shortcake her comrade had purchased her, taking small breaks in between to sip on her brewed tea. "What did you expect? I keep tabs on everyone – even when I'm not there," she said, finishing the last bite of the strawberry shortcake and giving the male an innocent closed-eye smile.

Shalnark sighs at her response, lifting his head and straightening his posture to lean over the table. "Man~ It's a little boring without the others around. There isn't anyone to play cards with," he mumbled, arms crossed in front of him at the thought. "You gonna meet with Boss?"

"Not for a while. I've got other things to attend to for him," Illuki shook her head, finishing her tea as her comrade finished his, and runs a hand through the white side of her hair, humming contently at the meal she was given by the blonde. "Tell whoever you meet with, I said hi," she instructs the male with a grateful smile, standing from her seat and lifting a hand to silently bid him goodbye.