Chapter 46.

As the building calms itself after the explosion caused by Silva's electrifying spheres, the Web of the Phantom Troupe jumps from where she stood and begins approaching the destruction with her arms crossed under her chest, a grin plastered across her face when a chine echoes throughout the room – a phone call. The cloud of dust distillates, revealing the damaged stage, crumbled wall section and her father standing with his phone pressed against his ear.

"Is that you, Illumi?" he asks once the call is connected, the voice of his eldest son vibrating in his ear to confirm his question. "Right here," he tells the assassin, handing the phone over to his daughter who stands beside him, eyeing the rock pile.

"Hi hi~," the female sings into the device, smiling ear to ear as the sound of ceiling chunks being thrown echoes. "Don't worry, he's still alive," she tells her brother.

"Just in the nick of time...Good. We've disposed of the Ten Dons. Wire the money to the aforementioned account," Illumi's voice tells his sister who hums in response, an enchanting giggle escaping her rosy lips.

"Yes, of course, brother. Thank you for your services~," Illuki sings, hanging up the phone and handing it to its owner.

Zeno groans, rolling his shoulders back and peering back at the troupe leader who rests against the ruble of ceiling chunks. "Up we go...Good grief. It seems we both get to live another day," the elder says.

"Aren't you supposed to kill us?" Chrollo asks the man.

"The Ten Dones were our clients. Now that they're dead, you are no longer our target," the elder explains simply to the troupe leader, his granddaughter floating past him to the ravenette.

Chrollo stands up from his spot, brushing off the dust from his shirt. "Really? That's surprising. You won't get another chance like this," he tells the Zoldyck, glancing over at his Web who continued to dust off his shoulders from remaining debris.

"Do you think we do this for fun? It's not like we take pleasure in killing. I don't want to work or die for nothing," Zeno tells the man, facing away from him and Illuki.

"Did you know that Iris hired Illumi to assassinate the Ten Dons?" the ravenette asks the white-haired Transmuter who confirms his suspicions. "I see. So, can I ask you something? One-on-one, who would win, you or me?" Chrollo asks, staring at the old man.

Zeno smirks at him. "Me, of course. Though it would be a different story if you were really trying to kill me. Damn insolent brat!" the senior curses, walking away from the scene with his son leaving through a different door.

The Phantom Troupe's leader and web were left inside the destroyed ballroom alone, the female settling on the ground to wait for the remaining members to gather when Chrollo unexpectedly fell backwards – his head landing in her lap, arms spread out and eyes closed. "I'm beat!" he exclaims causing the woman to giggle, her fingers weaving through his dark locks to soothe him. "I don't think I could ever steal their abilities," he comments.

"The others should be here soon. Let's focus on the mission and then discuss," she peers down at his face, chuckling while shaking her head before facing the opposite wall, waiting for her comrade's arrival.

Franklin, Pakunoda, Bonolenov and Phinks were the first group to gather at the building, walking over to the ringleaders. "Looks like you had fun, boss," the scared man greets the ravenette who opens his eyes and sits up, shuffling to sit beside the Zoldyck female.

"Yeah. I'm a little tired now," he responds casually.

"Well, you were going up against the Zoldyck family," Shalnark tells him as he, Shizuku and Kortopi approach them, waving a hand. The dichromatic-haired woman beside their leader pouts, pointing to herself as she silently boasts about being part of the notorious assassin family.

"I wish I could've seen how those two fought you. Iris had a front-row seat," Shizuku comments.

"Fighting would be more fun than watching," Feitan interjects, entering the room with Machi next to him and Hisoka trailing far behind the pair.

After confirming the remainder of their plan was ready, the ringleaders of the troupe stood up from their spots on the ground, facing their comrades. "Good enough. Then we'll stick to the plan. Also...Don't touch the ambulance that girl is in," the leader instructs the group.

"Then let's get started," Illuki smirks, skipping ahead to lead the troupe to the underground auction venue.

•••

A man dressed in a suit with long blonde hair that was tied back walks away from the stage right and backstage with a cigarette placed between his lips when a sudden flame appeared in front of him. "Thanks," the man says, stepping closer to light his cigar as the flame illuminated Hisoka's stature.

The man freezes, the magician's sinister chuckle filling the air as he turns the lighter off – encapsulating the man in the darkness and allowing Machi to thread a Nen string around the man's neck, hanging and killing him. Pakunoda, dressed in a simple, short black dress rolls the next auctioned item out onto the stage, the announcer being controlled by Shalnark, and the other troupe members behind him help find the merchandise for Kortopi to copy and send out.

"You never fail to amaze me, Kortopi," Illuki hums, ruffling the teen's hair as she rounds the crate and sits beside Chrollo with a smile, her hands sliding under her thighs as her feet swing back and forth.