Chapter XIII: Survival of the Fittest

Matthew's eyes quickly scanned over the details of the quest screen as he impaled another thrall that had charged him.

His vision quickly shifted again to the armored vampire that had, nearly effortlessly, thrown the car across the street.

While it was faint, Matthew could feel the sickening aura emitting from the armored vampire; the immense amount of mana the magic beast put off nearly made Matthew feel like fleeing, but when faced with a dungeon break, fleeing when lives were at stack is never an option.

As if reading his subconscious commands, the two Warriors of Faith, who had previously been mindlessly slaying the dwindling number of wolves and thralls, suddenly turned their heads to the armored vampire. Just as quickly, their wings of light unfolded and they shot towards the new threat.

The warrior made it first and quickly swung its blade at the vampire's neck, however, the creature held up an arm and lowered its body. The silver blade collided with the arm guard of the armor and slid off.

The creature then bared one of its clawed hands and swung upwards.

The warrior quickly flapped its wings and leaped backward, the razor-sharp nails only grazing its helm, leaving a deep impression on the metal.

The second warrior flew behind the vampire and attacked its back. The blade swung but hit nothing but air as the vampire suddenly morphed into a bat, only to reform to face the other direction as soon as the blade had passed.

The vampire quickly threw a bunch into the helm of the warrior. The metal helm dented under the force as the warrior was sent hurtling down the street.

Suddenly, three bullets struck the back of its armor, the first leaving behind a streak of mist that began to emit from beneath the vampire's armor. Nonetheless, the other bullets simply deflected off of the armor, causing small sparks to fly from it.

Luke grits his teeth as he notices the lack of damage despite his sundering bullet.

[MP: 61/125 > 54/125]

The armored vampire turned to Luke. It began to take a step forward when suddenly the head of a spear shot forward and stuck into its armor.

The vampire stumbled back slightly from the force before glancing down at the spearhead with a confused look. A second later the spearhead busts into metal shards.

The vampire held its arm up to guard its face as the shards of metal flew into its arm guard, tearing off small bits of its armor.

As the vampire let down its arm to see its aggressor, all it saw was a warrior made of light with its sword raised above its head, followed by the bellow of a horn.

Suddenly, the warrior pulsed with light from head to toe as it swung its blade down.

The vampire leaped to the side to avoid the blow. The blade of the warrior carved deep into the pavement of the street, tearing up chunks of it and sending it scattering into the air.

Just as the vampire's feet hit the ground, he looked to see another figure approaching him, a spear brandished in their hand.

Matthew thrust his spear forward, towards the newly formed opening in the vampire's armor. However, the vampire quickly grabbed the spear before it struck him.

The creature raised a fist to strike Matthew but quickly leaped backward as another swing of the Warrior of Faith's blade came toward him.

Matthew and the angelic figure he'd summoned quickly reorganized themselves before launching another attack. The Warrior of Faith swung toward the vampire's neck, while Matthew thrust once more at the hole in its armor.