Won't Be Denied

Even with me around Max still managed to podium in Texas, taking third just ahead of my brother Lance in a last minute fight to the finish that was dizzying

Both Red Bulls were forced to start in the back after yesterday collision at qualifying but that wasn't enough to keep them out of the points. These boys won't be denied so they both made it
into the top seven when all was said and done.

Plus Daniel got driver of the day!

A third place trophy is enough to soothe my worries... for now.

People always whisper that Max and Charles have deep conflicts because the two of them have been rivals on the track for so long, but off the track they are more like brothers. Brothers with the same passion who could not have more polar opposite personalities theirs is a deep bond forged over years of mutual respect and trust. In any other life they would be enemies. Instead, they keep each other and humble when they need too.

Not everyone can understand what it takes to compete at their level.

Or what competing at their level takes from you.

Things those two understand better than most people.

They say pain forges strong men, and that's what these two are. Strong men and thank fuck for it because there's no other way they could deal with women like Amelia and I otherwise.

Looking at them now, the four of us snuggled together outside on our hotel balcony. Still wound up on the day's adrenaline and the evenings liquor, we have been sat out here talking for hours now. Regaling old stories, smoking and wasting the hours away under the Texas stars.

Out here on the balcony as the rest of the world sleeps, I look at Max, at the dance of the flames in his eye and I know one thing for sure - I'm falling.

"Oh fuck!" I wave my hand in front of my face as tears tickle my eyes "Now that I can't imagine"

"It's a lot of pressure for a little boy!" Max protests, looking to Charles for back up.

He finds none, tears now streaming down Charles' cheeks. "Oh shit, I think I'm going to piss myself."

"Little boy? Your were already jerking off at that age." I cough out a peal of laughter, my cheeks hurting from how much fun we've been having out her together.

"You're real mature. You know that?" He snags the fries from me and takes a bite of one.

"I'm sorry, I just can't imagine how embarrassing that was." I dab at my own wet eyes.

"This story is iconic." Amelia has been grinning the last several minutes while Max has been retelling how he wet himself on the track after racing for a little too long. And in a white suit that naturally showed the evidence of what had happened, when he hoped out of the cart what followed is a story rich enough to bring Charles into tears describing his reaction.