0 ➽ COFFEE DATE

"Argh..."

A familiar voice growled whilst gently rubbing his temple. The soldiers of Belobog; the dearly beloved Silvermane Guards were on training. Preparing to battle the soon-to-be dying Eternal Freeze.

"Tired already, Skinwalker? Jeez." One of his fellows teased which he just laughed off.

"Okay Fanz the Gullible."

"Oh come on!"

"It's true. I remember it clearly, you couldn't even lay a finger at the Trailblazer!"

"Pshh... They were Outsiders."

"Still."

The two went on teasing each other though knowing the 'Jester', he would easily slip away from his comrades and enemies alike.

So, of course, he took this opportunity and sneaked off to Backwater Pass.

He may be one of the Captain's best soldiers but he can be quite the lazy one.

"Finally! Out of that thing they call 'training'!" He yawned.

As he, the Skinwalker, takes a stroll around the City embraced by the Eternal Winter. He notices a new establishment nearby.

No, it is not a club.

No, it is not a bar.

It's a cafe--

?

He looked around and shrugged as he kept staring at the it. "I've never heard of there being a cafe around the Administrative District, have I?" 'Jester' says, resting his chin on his fingers.

".. Perhaps I should go seek Bronya about this."

The Skinwalker has never been one to question new buildings or events in their dear City. After all, he's just a mere guard. Still, he couldn't help himself but think of what this may be.

Upon reaching the stairs of Qlipoth Forth, he couldn't stop thinking about it but he decided to shrug it off for now and enter the building.

Despite its intimidating structure, 'Jester' doesn't let it get in his way. Unsurprisingly, the halls are filled with his fellow Silvermane Guards. Some being his juniors.

Of course, not to be rude; he goes and waves at them as he passes by them to get to the new Supreme Guardian's Office.

Remaining his composure, he finally arrives at the Supreme Guardian's Office. Standing within the center was the Guardian herself, Bronya Rand... or should I say Lady Bronya?

"Lady Bronya, these papers..." One of the Architects spoke as the grey-haired girl nods while speaking with another guard.

"Put it at my desk. I'll look into it." Bronya smiles while keeping the stern look in her eyes. "Ah, and what are you here for?" She asked, looking at the Silvermane Guard next to her.

"Ummm... Lady Bronya.. Another robbery has commenced.." She adds, a drop of sweat rolling down cheeks while the poor heiress massaged the bridge of her nose and just nodded in response.

As the crowd finally goes smaller, the 'Jester' rests his back against the wall; humming a familiar tune. One that not many would recognize. He remained quiet about it though, trying not to get the people's attention.

Finally, the area was clear but the look of stress within her grey-eyes would undoubtedly be obvious. Such a sight made the Skinwalker chuckle which caught the attention of the Supreme Guardian.

"Oh Qlipoth... Do you want something too soldier?" She asked with a hint of dullness in her tone which surprised the man.

Still, he just couldn't help himself but smirk. "Sorry, 'Lady' Bronya." 'Jester' chuckles, "I just wanted to know if the new cafe nearby has been approved by you. I've never seen it before."

The young Rand sighs at the unbelievable behaviour of someone they call a Silvermane Guard. "Yes, I have. Thinking of visiting it? If so, please file a report and submit it to me. I would like to know how casuals would think about the cafe."

"Pfft- You got it, ma'am!" The Skinwalker says which he followed with a salute.

".. Thank you for being reliable, Jester."

"Anytime, Madam Rand."

The Skinwalker then bids farewell to their dear Guardian, she has a ton of work after all. Meanwhile, a certain workshop welcomes you with the loud sounds of grinding gears and hammering.

The rebel and eldest of the Landau siblings, Serval. After being a researcher at the Architects and being a rockstar, she remained stubborn but decided to stick with things she loved. Tinkering, creating, composing, playing–

"Serval!" The man called to his dear comrade with a huge grin on his face, entering the workshop with his dirty shoes. "So I was thinking–"

"Hm? Isn't it a lil too early for you to come over?" The blonde jokes, putting down her tools. "Ditched training again I assume?"

Not surprised at her assumption, the man chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "You know how I am."

His response made Serval chuckle, "Thought so." She smiles and glances at him, "So, why're you here?"

"Eh, apparently there's a new cafe in town." He grins and moves next to her, "Thought you might wanna... y'know, go outside. You've been overworking yourself again anyway."

The girl chuckled and only nodded as she put away her tools, "Oh? That sounds nice. I hope they have some delicious mousse." She adds while the 'Jester' opens the door for the dear mechanic.

"We hope so."

"Yeah, yeah."

They finally step out of the workshop as they walk through the snowy city of Belobog. As the 'Jester' guides the Landau girl to the cafe he spoke of. However, it seemed rather full. The boy sighs as they have to take the table outside.

"This is the cafe you're talking about?" Serval asks with a mischievous smile on her face as the 'Jester' only nods at her in response.

As the two take a seat, a waiter approaches them. Quite surprising, honestly. "Good day!" She says with a huge smile on her face. "So, what would you two like on this fine day?"

"Hmm.. Can you at least pass us the menu?" 'Jester' asks as the girl gives them one. Going through the pages, he couldn't decide for himself.

"All of these look pretty good." He says as he thinks of what he'd like. "I suppose I'll have one of your chocolate mousse and a cup of coffee."

"Alright then! And for you, Miss Landau?" The girl smiles.

"I'll have a strawberry cheesecake and..." Serval thinks for a bit, "And a cup of pure black coffee." She says as they put down their menus.

"Alright!" The waiter writes down their orders carefully then gives them a thumbs up, "Will that be all?"

"Yes, that'll do." The blonde girl replies as she pulls out her phone. "Thank you, Miss!"

"Anytime, anytime!" The girl says as she starts walking back to the cafe.

'Jester' smiles as he rests his chin on his rough palm, "So, what do you think?"

"Hmm... It looks great, a bunch of flowers too.."

"Pfft- I see."