9. 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓎 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒

The tyres of Gale's car created a cloud of dust as it bumped along the bumpy dirt track. The scene became all too familiar - the tall fern trees surrounding the slightly run-down caravans, the old navy blue, slightly rusted car sat outside Mr Donelly's trailer, the overloaded trash cans on the side of the dirt track, left for raccoons to feed on, and the one trailer with a yellow plant outside in a terracotta pot on the steps towards the once pearly white door.

The nostalgia was killing Bea as her head rested on her palm as her elbow rested on the car window. The teen was soon brought out of her own world as Gale stopped the car at the side of the dirt road, near the trailers.

There were empty beer cans outside his trailer, although the yellow flower was still shining brightly in the glistening sun.

Gale, Sid and Bea all slowly approached the trailer, Gale in the middle, her eyes becoming glossy.

"God dammit I told him to clean up outside this dam trailer" Bea spoke, reminiscing the memories she had shared with her uncle Dewey.

"He was never one for cleaning" Gale responded, a soft but shaky laugh escaped her lips, her hands meeting her face to wipe away her inevitable tears.

Sidney put her arm around Gale and the trio walked up the steps and into Deweys trailer.

The only way of describing the trailer was random. It was almost an organized mess. Empty beer cans and coffee mugs were lathered all over the coffee table next to his couch/sofa, while the kitchen area was surprisingly more clean, it was far from perfect but it was tidy enough.

It was pleasing to Bea that it was much cleaner than when she first arrived, he had obviously wanted to clean it to make her think more of him, even though Bea had always thought the world of Dewey.

He was already planning on moving to a different area of town, so much of his essentials were boxed up already.

Sid and Gale had come across a box of photos with "Keep" written on the side in big, capital letters in black marker pen. The pair knelt down beside the box as they were slowly flicking through the albums, reminiscing the memories they had shared with Dewey.

Bea started to head over to join the women when the mantelpiece caught her sight.

There was a shiny, dark wooden box with a golden plaque on it that read "our Tatum" in bold, black letters. Bea obviously hadn't met Tatum, but she knew a lot about her, both Dewey and Sid had spoken about her to Bea when her curiosity got the better of her. The teen approached the mantelpiece above the fireplace a picked up the fragile box.

As she lifted the box, a folded piece of photo paper fell onto the ground that had been placed underneath it, the teen reached down to get it and placed the box onto the coffee table in order to unfold and open the photo.

Her gaze softened, her mouth too as she looked at the photo. It was a picture of Dewey, Sid and Tatum standing outside the police station, with Dewey in this uniform, Tatum wearing his hat and Sidney holding a taser, each with a beaming smile across their faces. On the back, it read; 

"Dewey's first day as sheriff summer '95"

"I was looking for this" Sid softly spoke from behind the teen, a sense of sorrow in the woman's voice.

Sid pulled Bea into a small side hug as the woman's eyes slowly landed on the box the teen had just placed on the coffee table.

"We should take this home" Sid spoke as she reached out to retrieve Tatum's box.

She just stared at the box. Her hands caressed around the gold engraved letters on the front, reminiscing the times she had with her best-friend. Sid was swallowed into her own imagination, a world without ghostface, a world in which everything was back to normal, a world in which they were together again.