seven - i wanna know you more

Jisung sighed as he grabbed his bag. He was not in the mood to attend his classes today due to his foul mood, but he felt like it was an invalid reason for him to skip them. He wore his shoes and opened the door, realizing someone was waiting outside.

"Minho."

Minho gave him a smile, "Good morning."

"What are you doing here? Do you have some matters with my dad? He's still asleep, though."

The latter chuckled, "No. I'm here to drive you to school, and eat breakfast along the way, of course."

Jisung stared at him for a while, blinking in confusion. He sighed, closing the door as he went out, "You know, you don't have to drive me every day there. I'm used to commuting to school, you should save your time and get some rest instead. You're a doctor having your internship, right? You don't have a lot of time on your hands. I'll commute to school today, go to a cafe or something to rest," Jisung told him as he walked past Minho.

But he was stopped when Minho grabbed his hand. "I don't mind spending my free time with you, Han-ssi. Besides, I also want to get to know my future husband as much as possible."

Jisung just stared at Minho blankly, as if he was trying to read his mind.

Seriously, what is this guy's real motive?

The drive was silent, Jisung was just staring out the window with blank thoughts. He really hated feeling like this after the arranged marriage situation happened. He felt like he was locked in a cage, unable to reach the key to escape.

"Minho," Jisung called. "I don't know what exactly is your motive but you really don't have to force yourself to drive me to my university. If you insist on doing this then that would mean you will have to drive me every day. If you worry about my safety, I'm assuring you I am always aware of my surroundings. Even if some suspicious people come at me, I am trained in self-defense." Minho did not utter a response after Jisung's talk. The drive just went on with neither of them talking until they arrived at Mcdonalds'.

"Han-ssi," Minho called as he placed the tray of food on their table. "It seems like we are not on the same page." Jisung just eyed him in confusion. "The reason I'm insisting on driving you to school is not merely because I want to keep you safe," He stated, placing Jisung's plate in front of him. He looked him in the eye and smiled, "I genuinely want to spend time with you."

Jisung was taken aback as he felt the sincerity in Minho's smile, leaving him speechless.

"If I wanted to keep you safe, I could have just hired someone to drive you to your university every day," Minho continued as he took his seat. "As you said, I don't have much time on my hands as a doctor, which means it's difficult for me to find time to be with you. I know this is just an arranged marriage, but I want to make it as meaningful as I can. I want us to get to know each other properly before we get married."

For a moment, Jisung felt his heart beat faster than usual. He attempted to cough it out as he felt weird for feeling suddenly nervous from Minho's words.

Minho chuckled, "Besides, I also have to make sure my future husband eats his breakfast every day." Jisung was out of words to say. Instead, he just ate the food in front of him while trying to avoid Minho's face who was currently smiling at him.

After finishing their breakfast, Minho dropped Jisung at his university. Just as he stepped out of Minho's car, he saw Seungmin who just arrived at the same time. He felt awkward, not knowing whether he should talk to him or not.

Seungmin also noticed him, the two made eye contact for a while until Jisung looked away. Seungmin's lips curved into a smile. He walked towards Jisung and called him out, "Jisung." This made the brunette look up at him, but still, no words came out of his mouth. "I'm sorry for suddenly walking out yesterday even if it was me who invited you to come with me."

"N-no, it's fine."

Minho got out of his car and noticed the two of them talking. "Seungmin."

Seungmin turned his head to Minho, giving him a smile, "Hey." Seungmin walked towards Minho, "Hm, so Jisung is your fiancé, huh."

"Yeah, what about it?"

Seungmin stared at him for a while as he crossed his arms, "You better make sure to treat him properly." He told him. "Jisung is a friend of mine, you know? If he happens to be running to me about you, I'll be sure to teach you a lesson," He threatened, earning a laugh from Minho.

"Don't worry, I am treating him well," He assured his friend. Minho walked towards Jisung and grabbed his hand, kissing it gently. "I'll pick you up after class." Afterward, he went back inside his car and drove away.

Jisung turned to Seungmin with an apologetic look, "Seungmin, look—"

"Oh, stop giving me that look, Han Jisung." Seungmin interrupted, placing his arms around Jisung's shoulder. "I already told you, it's time for me to move on from my unrequited love." He sighed, "Really, the childhood friend's trope really does not work."

"He knew about your feelings," Jisung stated. "He knew about it all along. I tried to convince him to cancel our engagement because you like him and the two of you are a better match but he still..."

Seungmin was a bit stunned for a moment but he just smiled later on, "If my feelings reached through him then that's the best closure I could ever have." He muttered. "How about you, Jisung?"

"What?"

"Do you like Minho?"

Jisung sighed, lowering his head. "When I think about him, all I can feel is the feeling of being stuck in a cage with no way out. It's a very unpleasant feeling."

Seungmin tapped his shoulder gently as if he was assuring him. "Don't overthink it too much, Jisung. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out someday. Also, even if you do get married to Minho, I'm assuring you that you're in good hands."

Jisung gave Seungmin a smile, "Thanks, Seungmin."

Meanwhile, a blonde was watching them from afar for a while now.

"Felix-hyung? What are you doing there?"

The blonde turned his head and saw his friend. "Jeongin. I just happened to take a glance at Jisung's fiancé just now,"

"What?! He's here? Where?!"

Felix chuckled, "He just left a while ago."

Jeongin groaned, "No fair! Did you see his handsome face?"

"Yeah... kind of."

Jeongin sighed, "Although Jisung-hyung hates it, he's really lucky to be engaged to such a handsome man."

"You're saying that as if you don't have Cha—"

"Please refrain from saying bad words, Lee Felix Yongbok," Jeongin coldly interrupted, only leaving Felix to chuckle.

Soon, the blonde was left in a daze again.

That face, I have seen it somewhere for sure.